battery registration

Sep 20, 2023

For Seat Leon 1P 1.2​

Hi can anyone help me with do the battery need coded to the car thanks.​

I have Carly OBD2 SScan.thankd

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Thanks for answering,but which OBDII have these options or which one is good for this purpose.the good and cheap one.thanks
OBD11 is a make of OBD2 Reader that supports basic scanning but also if you have the pro license then you can code in battery and make many many changes to the cars setup. https://obdeleven.com/de/produkte?carBrand=Seat.

Basic OBD2 readers dont normally support coding, if you have VCDS or access to it you can code it yourself and I think that Carista also supports coding new battery

Sep 20, 2023
OBD11 is a make of OBD2 Reader that supports basic scanning but also if you have the pro license then you can code in battery and make many many changes to the cars setup. https://obdeleven.com/de/produkte?carBrand=Seat.

Basic OBD2 readers dont normally support coding, if you have VCDS or access to it you can code it yourself and I think that Carista also supports coding new battery
Where I can find the battery serial number of my CONTINENTAL amg 70ah.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Where I can find the battery serial number of my CONTINENTAL amg 70ah.
You dont need the physical serial number it just has to be different to the previous one so the car knows its new. Just increase the last number by one that will work.

Sep 20, 2023
You dont need the physical serial number it just has to be different to the previous one so the car knows its new. Just increase the last number by one that will work.
Thanks,for your reply,and what about below pic battery manufacture?and I scanned with OBD2 and says that you battery voltage is high.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230928_163538_Carista.jpg
    Screenshot_20230928_163538_Carista.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 57

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Thanks,for your reply,and what about below pic battery manufacture?and I scanned with OBD2 and says that you battery voltage is high.
does it give you a DTC Code, does your car have start stop, have you tried clearing error does it come straight back

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2023
does it give you a DTC Code, does your car have start stop, have you tried clearing error does it come straight back
Yes ,I have Seat Leon 1p 1.2 TSI 2012 start Stop.
Actually when I changed new agm battery these problems are coming. Even so many time cleared codes but again.if you can check I will share all codes here.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Not seen this before but if you share the DTC Codes that might give us a clue.

Did you have an AGM Battery before

Sep 20, 2023
Not seen this before but if you share the DTC Codes that might give us a clue.

Did you have an AGM Battery before
I don't know the before one.here I can share the code.i will share complete scanned codes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230930_114244.jpg
    Screenshot_20230930_114244.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 48

clive_r

Oct 10, 2017
Hi sorry don’t mean to hijack thread. Nooby question- I have an 2011 Leon Cupra R, do I have to let it know it has a new battery?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.