Bearing noise / whirring sound when starting car and coming to a stop

Oct 6, 2019
HI there, I have a Leon FR CR 140 2011 and having issue identifying the source of noise of a bearing noise / whirring sound when starting up the car and i can also hear it when driving and coming to a stop at lights.

I have changed the following things

Aux belt / fan belt
Tenisoner pulley + air con pump
Timing belt + water pump kit (water pump was making churrping noise prior to this and was due to change timing belt)

As soon I start the car, it is more audible and last for few seconds before disappearing.

Any idea on this? Am thinking that the Alternator / idler pulley might be the culprit.

Thank you

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Alternator is quite likely. Just slap a new on in, gets the alternator and the idler pulley done in one go then.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
HI there, I have a Leon FR CR 140 2011 and having issue identifying the source of noise of a bearing noise / whirring sound when starting up the car and i can also hear it when driving and coming to a stop at lights.

I have changed the following things

Aux belt / fan belt
Tenisoner pulley + air con pump
Timing belt + water pump kit (water pump was making churrping noise prior to this and was due to change timing belt)

As soon I start the car, it is more audible and last for few seconds before disappearing.

Any idea on this? Am thinking that the Alternator / idler pulley might be the culprit.

Thank you
Starter motor needs stripping down and repacking with grease on the gears

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.