Best Brake Pads To Stop Brembos Squeeking

keany19

Nov 10, 2008
Teesside
Any ideas on what the best brake pads to get to try and quiten by brembos down on me lcr! They are due for a change soon so going to get some bought now!

Was thinking about the ds2500 all round, thought please?

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
You won't go wrong with the DS2500 pads. Much stronger stopping power than the OE brake pads and no noticeable fade, and I've also found, less brake dust too.

Obviously had stock pads fitted from the factory, changed at 10k miles (for stock pads again). At 20k miles, second set of stock pads changed for DS2500 pads and grooved (ATE Power disc style elliptically grooved) Brembo discs. Speak to Badger5, (see forum sponsors) as he makes them.

This combination (along with a Motul hi-temp brake fluid change) was a total transformation... really stamp hard on the brakes and it almost feels like you're getting air under the back wheels! Well, not quite, but you get the picture... it's a HUGE improvement over the stock set up.

I'm now on 33k miles. The pads have lasted approximately 3k miles longer than the stock pads, and I've probably got another 3-5k miles left in the discs (the groove doubles up as a visual wear indicator - new thickness = 28mm, min thickness = 26mm, groove depth 1mm either side :)) so disc wear is slightly more.

I've read a few posts about squeeling Brembo's... but I've never had that problem with mine, certainly not with the DS2500 pads :shrug:

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
I'd guess you haven't got enough copper grease on the back of your pads ;)

Mine ever squeak - though I do have DS2500's, which I'd recommend in any case

keany19

Nov 10, 2008
Teesside
Unfortunately I didnt fit them. who ever had the car before me has put them on or got them put on and i think they are only cheap pads! going to get som 2500's soon, and might change discs while im doing it! Any ideas on decent discs to get??