Bird crap

jacko-81

My car got hammered by seagulls on fri. On sat when i can to wash it off it has left stains in the paint work and looks a right mess when you see it in the sun is there any products i can use to restore the paintwork:help:

i was about to post a new thread on the same topic :)

some Pterodactyl done a horse sized **** all down the side of the beeza, and admittedly, it didn't get washed off for a few days :(

having jet sprayed the crap off, i then washed the whole car with autoglym shampoo, then polished with autoglym silicone high resin.

the immediate glance looked ok, but the following day in the sun. i can still see where the marks are.

it's about 2" wide, and 8" long in a diagonal behind the b-pillar.

Somebody must know how i can restore this??????

every time i ask in halfords, they look at me as tho i've just landed from Mars!!!!!

But i had the same response when i looked for brake pads!!!!!!!!

Cheers Brendy.............i'll have a look for myself next time i remember!!

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
I'd actually be inclinded to try a chemical cleaner first, these clean the paint of contamination rather than remove the CC depth...

Example

Meguiars Deep Crystal Stage 1 paint cleaner.

You may have to use it a few times to lift out the marking.

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
FinerDetails said:
I'd actually be inclinded to try a chemical cleaner first, these clean the paint of contamination rather than remove the CC depth...

Example

Meguiars Deep Crystal Stage 1 paint cleaner.

You may have to use it a few times to lift out the marking.

I have some marking on mine that looks like it's crazed through the paint and not like something that could be removed. I'm not sure if it could be from tree sap though...

What do you think Iain?

I really hate how much stuff car paint work comes into contact with on a day to day basis that tries to destroy it in one way or another. :(

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
FinerDetails said:
sounds like the paint and CC has been eaten, by the birdie doop!

If you have some DC2 try 'feeding' the paint, by dabbing the DC2 into the area over and over....

I thought as much. That really sucks. Especially as it was there when I bought it and I didn't noticed.

Also a complete noob I managed to scratch the roof more trying to sort it in a fit of panic when I first noticed it. :cry:

Steve_B

Stacy mmmm.......
May 6, 2005
West Yorkshire
Yep, mind you the seagulls did a pretty good job on the roof, bonnet and drivers side wing so it'd be easier to spray whole panels than just the marks. It's also having a front end spray because of the stone chips that I've picked up so that fixes the wing and bonnet problem in one go

jacko-81

I decided to go to halfords and buy some turtle wax safe cut having read someone else used a similar product. I tried it on the roof first and it seemed to make it go away after doing this 3 time it had solved the problem. I now have a bird **** free car untill next time. I hope this helps you.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise