Black Multi spoke alloys needed

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Hi im looking for some black/charcoal alloys for my leon, but dont know what brand to get. its abit hard to search. :headhurt:

Any one here go some alloys that meet my requirments? :D

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
You guys must have seen the on audi rs, the rs4 alloys. they mainly come in silver, but ive seen a black. Look the business.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
The original RS4 wheels, the multi spoke ones?
Or the new RS4 wheels, the twin spoked ones?

First ones... BORING! Old, cheesy, everybody has done it before.
Later, newer ones are very nice wheels! :yes:

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
hmmm, i think you would have to declare it but lets face it if you're insurer tries to bump up your premium you just go to an insurer who is a bit more mod friendly! :)

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
hmmm, i think you would have to declare it but lets face it if you're insurer tries to bump up your premium you just go to an insurer who is a bit more mod friendly! :)

will be switching to greenlight in october soo all will be good on the mod front as ive heard they only bump up a lil for a remap :funk: whereas virgin wont allow ANY modifications to the outside haha

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
ye, i filled in an online form for green light because my insurance is up in august but i've had absolutely no reply. NOT impressed!

will probably phone them when its nearer the time tho, money is money after all.

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
arr...i tried them just outa curiosity in april (i took up with virgin in march because the were the cheapest) and theyv offerd me £400 cheaper than what im paying now, but il have another year ncb in october so should be cheaper

Timmbo71

Quit your jibber jabber!!
Sep 27, 2006
Leatherhead
So if you have your wheels refurbed, and repainted, you have to tell the insurers??!! how come? for what reason? mine are now diamond cut, with grey inlays. surely, as they are standard wheels, thats fine. when i has a mk2 golf 1.3 and put GTI pirelli 'p's on they said as VW alloys no extra charge.. and they was refubed and recoloured!!

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
whether they charge you more or not is irrelevant but technically if you make any alterations to your vehicle (including colour) you are supposed to notify your insurance company.

Timmbo71

Sep 27, 2006
Leatherhead
i guess, but its just another way they can stich you up for more £££!! i dont think im going to bother. they no about my tints and they dont seem to fussed about them as no extra charge [B)]

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
the crucial thing is, if you have a crash and they inspect the car and find mods that you havn't declared, they have every right to (and almost certainly will) declare your insurance invalid leaving you with a large repair bill for your and any other parties involved cars.

Last edited:

Timmbo71

Sep 27, 2006
Leatherhead
to be honest with you, i dont think that they would be that botherd about the wheels.. tesco are pretty good i have found over the last few years.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
whether they charge you more or not is irrelevant but technically if you make any alterations to your vehicle (including colour) you are supposed to notify your insurance company.

This is a very good and very important point. Insurance is risk based (frequency and severity) so your insurance company has to know exactly what they are dealing with, so you must tell them about anything that changes the specification of your car.

As an example, I phoned Greenlight today to tell them about my TIP and DogBone mounts, as well as 3 points I picked up not so long ago. They charged me..... nothing. Sod all :) Didn't affect the policy premium one bit, but, had I not told them and it later came out that I had lied and not been honest (not acted in good faith, as insurance terms go) they would have had every right to refuse to pay out on a claim and could not only void my policy, but add my details to the CUE database, thus making it very hard and very expensive to get insurance from then on.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.