Blue peter special LCR sports Cat

ranger dabomb

Here's one i made earler today , got the bits off good old ebay and a local shop.

Hi-flow sports cat 100cell = £90 ( ebay )
1 meter 2mm x 2.5" and 1 meter 2mm x 2.25" stainless tubing = free ( scrap bin at cybox exhaust's )
3 flange's and lamba boss = £10 ( cybox exhaust's )

Took off the old cat on my lcr 210 and started cutting up the 2.25" tubing with the good old angle grinder to match the twin inlet then welded them together. Then cut 1" of the 2.50" tubing to go onto the twin joint once welded on i welded the sport's cat on then drilled a hole for the lamba boss in a bit of the 2.50" tubing and welded the boss in place. The pain :cry: was getting the flange's in the right place but it worked out ok in the end , once the front flanges were done bolted it onto the car and worked out how long the last bit of 2.50" tubing had to be before welding into place .

All in all it cost me £100 and 3hours graft but i think it worked out ok in the end and saved me some money to send on other mods :)
So if you shop around and with some diy you can build yourself a sport's cat for not a lot of money ;)

SP_A0416.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.