Bluefin for Leon FR TDI

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
Hello All. Picked up my new car last Friday. Does anyone have any advice for how many miles I should do before I chip my car with a Superchips Bluefin? I've currently only covered about 150 miles.

Also, does any one know what sort of BHP these put out as standard. The manual says 167bhp but it feels like more than that! Thanks.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
It just feels like more because of the torque. The manual figures are correct. Probably worth letting the engine wear in for a few thousand miles yet.

DIABLO

Superchips dyno'd the standard car at 180BHP. It's not the engine you need to let run in, they are run in at the factory - it's the running gear that you need to be gentle with. I would cover 1000miles before you put the map on :)

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
Thanks for the advice. Will leave it standard for a few months before i go chipping it.

Is there an alternative to Bluefin that allows you to chip from home and revert to standard etc?

andi leon frtdi

Mar 8, 2009
portsmouth
Hello All. Picked up my new car last Friday. Does anyone have any advice for how many miles I should do before I chip my car with a Superchips Bluefin? I've currently only covered about 150 miles.

Also, does any one know what sort of BHP these put out as standard. The manual says 167bhp but it feels like more than that! Thanks.

if you get a revo re-map, you can buy a button to put it back to stock whenever you want or have it serviced.

DIABLO

Compared Revo with SC in some detail and generally Revo use higher boost to achieve broadly similar results but advantage of far superior customer support IMHO. Horses for courses.
315 superchipped cupra, no mods will do :)

wesbar

Nov 22, 2009
Thanks for all the advice. Think it's between the Bluefin and Remap Pro. Revo looks good but is a bit too expensive for me with the cost of the additional unitand i really need to be able to switch to standard at will.

nc30rider

Feb 8, 2009
Where ever the wife tells me
Thanks for all the advice. Think it's between the Bluefin and Remap Pro. Revo looks good but is a bit too expensive for me with the cost of the additional unitand i really need to be able to switch to standard at will.

The Reevo only switches back to their own standard map, not the original one that was in your car.......I THINK :think:

Bluefin and Remap Pro definitely go back to the original map

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members