Bluetooth handsfree kits for SE phones - in a leon

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
after playing about with my ideas, it looks like the tomtom 500 is quite expensive and seeing as the tomtom one seems to meet my needs (and be about £150 cheaper) i was thinking of going for that instead.

However, i still like the idea of bluetooth handsfree, through the car speakers (and for me my pioneer headunit)

Now, I want something TOTALLY discrete. I am happy to put the phone inside my armrest (i know SEAT used to have a phone cradle in the armrest but not available anymore)

Has anyone got anything along those lines? I dont want a phone cradle/holder sticking onto or out of the dash - bluetooth link would be fine. If it needs charging then i can plug it into the cig lighter, but TBH i dont use it much so i would charge it at home.

So pics if u got em - after seeing all the break-ins to cars recently what with sat-nav becoming more accessible i want everything as stealth as possible.
Cheers

PS - before any smart a*se suggests it - i didnt think of handsfree at the time of purchasing a HU! I do have an bluetooth earpiece but just dont get one with it.

badlydrawnbanan

cholangio carcenoma doh !
Have you thought of a Parrot kit ? http://www.driveblue.com ive got one aznd they are the dogs danglys :thumbup: easy to fit and very discreet :) infact the only thing you can see once its installed is the small mike for talking. It has full voice command for dialing and awnsering the phone and the mike is really good cutting out all the background noise etc and of course being bluetooth you could leave your phone in the boot and it wouldnt matter ;)

Last edited:

WatchHill

Twonk
Mar 10, 2004
Cumberland
www.gunculture.net
Just fitted the HCB-700, not at all discrete as it has a display screen!
Nice though, no more ferreting around in my pocket to shove my phone in the cradle when I've forgotten to put it in before setting off. Just get in and go. Super.

wardy

V5Ade said:
I have got one of these http://www.blueunplugged.com/Products/Parrot_Bluetooth_Advanced_Car_Kit_CK3100.aspx
I fitted the display in the ashtray, so it can only be seen when the tray is open. It's a very nice pice of kit, in fact I'm going to get another this week to replace the Nokia Cark91 in my wifes car.

V5Ade, got my CK3100 delivered this morning one of the places i was looking at sticking the display was in the ashtray. Any tips or hints or even a photo would be helpful.

Thanks Steve

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
cool - everywhere i looked (ok so briefly) the parrot kit was like £200...... But that link says around £70 which is much better....

wardy

For a CK3100 I paid about £80 delivered.
The CK3000 doesn't have a screen just buttons, I know people who have not connected the screen (answer and dial call from the phone) as they don't like the things stuck in your car look, which I kinda to agree with, which is why the ashtray seems a good solution.

V5Ade

I love my LCR!
Aug 26, 2004
Guildford
wardy said:
V5Ade, got my CK3100 delivered this morning one of the places i was looking at sticking the display was in the ashtray. Any tips or hints or even a photo would be helpful.

Thanks Steve

It's really simple. I fitted the ck3100 brain under the passenger dash near to the centre console, I then removed the ashtray and took out the plastic insert that sit in the ashtray (it just pops out). The control/display will now fit in the ashtray. I had to then remove the metal heat shield that sits above the ashtray (one screw and a wiggle); the cable for the control/display can then be guided through the centre console and under the radio to the brain. The total process took less than half an hour.
I hope that helps.

wardy

Cheers, That's a Job for Saturday morning then. I suppose it makes no difference really but but I was planning to put the "Brain" in the space space under the steering wheel, but I'll see how it goes. Did you stick the mike in the ashtray also?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
anyone got or used those evolution handsfree? Seems like there is a CK3000 evolution that has the buttons only and no screen at a bit cheaper than the 3100....

Not sure I need a screen TBH - my phone will be with me somewhere in sight so i should be able to see who is calling on the phone screen. I still like the 3100, but its just the fact that there is something else to stick on the dashboard and hence something else for people to nick.

V5Ade

I love my LCR!
Aug 26, 2004
Guildford
wardy said:
Cheers, That's a Job for Saturday morning then. I suppose it makes no difference really but but I was planning to put the "Brain" in the space space under the steering wheel, but I'll see how it goes. Did you stick the mike in the ashtray also?

I fitted the mike by the rear view mirror, I just ran the cable up the passenger a pillar, then tucked it under the head lining. It looks good, and again an easy job.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
does your 3000 evo. kit have a round volume control in between two buttons? I seem to be able to find 2 different 3000evo kits... bit confused..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members