Bonnet lifter pictures

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
Got some bonnet lifters delivered the other day for my Cupra. thing is though the box came through the post a little damaged and subsequently i have no instructions on how to fit them

Its looks pretty straight forward, but was wondering if any of you guys that have them could post up a few close-up pictures so i can see that i'm gettig it right.

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
just tried fitting my bonnet lifters. they were light and didnt hold the bonnet open, gust of wind and it would of been dangerous. plus closed the bonnet and when i went to open it up again the 1 lifter had jammed shut almost ripped my bonnet apart trying to open it. contacting volks bits now.

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
got an email back. stating to send them back and they will replace with inxx but may take a little longer as they have to order them. ?

what u recon?

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
just tried fitting my bonnet lifters. they were light and didnt hold the bonnet open, gust of wind and it would of been dangerous. plus closed the bonnet and when i went to open it up again the 1 lifter had jammed shut almost ripped my bonnet apart trying to open it. contacting volks bits now.

You fit them in the right holes? (no sarcasm intended by the way)

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
well i didnt have any instructions. but fitted in top hole on bonnet and in the 3rd screw down from window on the wing. at least i think its the 3rd. and the chuncky part at the top! u know wha i mean.

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
lifters1.jpg

fits like this!!

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Right, Ive read through a few bonnet lifter threads, I see that some of the fixings are likely to break and or wont sustain the weight of the bonnet in the first place.

In short whats the best ones, where can I get them from, what fitment am I looking for (ie for a 6k vehicle would mk2/mk3 golf ones it and can you get them without the gay shiney chrome finish?

Ta:)