Bonnet paint damage (respray?vinyl wrap?)

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
I have a problem. Seems like my bonnet was resprayed at some point in my cars history and it was resprayed badly. Paint starts now to lift off. When i pressured washed it last time i have actually lost a bit of paint. I have made a few calls around and the cheapest quote for bonnet respray was £250 for bonnet only while other companies ask for £400 - £550 because they either paint wings as well or blend them in.

IS this really how much it costs ? Thats a lot of money and with general value of my car at around £2k i can't justify myself to do that :<.

Maybe i should vinyl wrap the bonnet (matt black?) but i still have prefacelift bumpers and car would look rather halfords style i guess.

What you guys recommend? :< I cant leave it like it is. There is a bit of paint (2 inches diameter) missing

Last edited:

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
If its at the front. Bonnet bra??

I cant. Damage is too high on the bonnet.

jake said:
those are some pretty expensive prices, bonnet should be no more than £150 max and £300 max to blend the wings

Thats exactly what i thought. I was expecting quotes of around 100 - 150 pounds. Guess how shocked i was when first guy told me £500.

Too bad that you garage is so far away Jake ^^

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
The prices Jake said are about right....I would not want to pay more than £300 for bonnet and wings.

Maybe worth trying another garage?

luke_h

Aug 2, 2009
300 sounds about right i would get it painted or have it painted black if thats what you want vinyl chips ded easy then nowt ya can do carnt even touch it up just looks a mess

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
my mate had his car resprayed for £500!

i was recently quoted £125 for my bonnet by a guy who works for a paints supplier, he did his own car and the job was good so would trust the quality of his work. ring around Greesha, ask some friends nr you to see who they have used.

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Thanks guys for some advices. I have asked around and i've got now a number to a guy who will probably do it much cheaper. Problem is you never know how it is going to look like :).

I actually might rat look my bonnet ^^. I will give it a go i guess, check how it looks like and if I will be unhappy I will just paint it :p. I need to find some info how to do it.

[EDIT]

Found it

http://rat-look.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=310

if anyone's interested

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.