Boost Pressure p0238

Apr 20, 2021
Hi, I recently picked up a Mk1 Seat Leon 1.9TDI, the 110 bhp non PD version - asv i think?
Im planning on doing some upgrades as its my first car with some actual power.

But first i wanted to make sure everything was sound before putting money into it, I used an engine scanner OBD2 tool and found just one issue, which is not bad for a 04 plate on 125,000 miles.

The issue was ; p0238, Turbocharger/supercharger Boost Sensor "A" circuit high

Now my first though is to find the sensor and see its condition, but i cant find it :ROFLMAO: any of you know where it is located within the engine or have any experience with this issue

any advice would be great regarding this issue or of the car in general
i have used this forum for the past few weeks and have not found anything specific talking about this, if there is something very similar or the same then guidance would be great.
Thanks

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Reactions: macbkr
Apr 20, 2021
Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

I've never had a diesel version, but ross-tech is the best place to look up the fault codes for these cars. Here is the page for your fault code. http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16622/P0238/000568

Looking through that it seems the sensor is located in the manifold. Hope that's some help
Thanks mate, managed to find the sensor but it looks fine, going to replace it anyways and see if that helps. Cheers for the link

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.