Boot lock not unlocking!

bentonboy

I have a 1.4 ibiza 2004 Sport. The boot has been locked for over 2 weeks now. When I pressed unlock on the central locking 2 weeks ago I heard no noises, nothing, dead. After putting tonnes of WD40 and playing with the key I can now hear the motor working when I press unlock and lock but mechanically it is not openeing still. Any ideas on how to release it? I've tried taking off the boot plastic trim with a flat headed screw drive and my fingers from the inside but cannot get the trim off. Any ideas on this as i'm now stuck. Thanks

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
You prob aint going to like this :(

Mine went last year (2008 FR) it did not work with either remote or key. I took it in under warrentee and no surprise from the desk at all simply "oh ok book it in".

They just changed the whole lock mech (sorry dont know what they cost) and that was it.

I think you will find a few of us on here that has had this. :(

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
:think: :idea: Have you tried locking it, then pressing the unlock button on the keyfob twice in quick succession? The first press unlocks the doors only, the second unlocks the tailgate.

Thought mine wasn't working as well till I decided to read the handbook.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
p.s. For the op

to get the boot trim off you just need to give it a good tug near to the clips - with warning that you might damage the clips to the point they're unusable but you can get them from the dealer for next to nothing.

don't forget the screws inside the handles