Boot mounted Bike Rack

John _Boy

i am looking into fitting something to mine too, i am prob going to go for roof bars. i prefer the no need to fit andything to use of the tow bar but don't want a hole in my bumper!

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
Thanks for all the replies, it sounds like the roof bars are the way to go then.

I like the idea of the Thule bars/rack combination and as you say, it only requires one set of keys then, which is a bonus. Are you referring to the Aluminium Aero Bars? In which case, what length does the Leon take? Is there any advantage in getting the Thule Aero's over the genuine Seat ones?

Yes the Aero bars are aluminium. Length for Leon is 108cm. Check the link posted previously for a full kit of bars and fittings.

Think the Aero bars will look much nicer than the genuine SEAT ones as these are square. Also the square bars tend to whistle and they probably cost more than the Aero ones new but there are often used sets that appear on ebay. Again the Aero bars allow the Thule Proride rack to fit into the bars directly and not clip/strap on as with other bars. I do believe that the SEAT ones were made by Thule or at least that is what I have read on several other posts.

If you do order from the link I would suggest ringing them to place the order then you can make sure you get the one key option, which is free from them.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise