Boot won't open!

gib20vt

May 11, 2008
Cumbria
I came to my lcr tonight to remove a load of shopping, pressed the key fob twice to unlock the boot, went to pull on the handle and a clunk sound happened and the boot wont open now!!
locked/unlocked the car again pulled on the handle nothing :cry: seems the catch has either broken or sticking.

How can you open the boot??? is there any other way so I can get to the catch to have a look.

many thanks

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Try searching buddy, theres loads on it.
Seems the soleniod can break, dunno how to get at it with the boot locked but I'm sure it'll be in the threads somewhere

gib20vt

May 11, 2008
Cumbria
I put a new solinoid on it a few months back due to it not locking - But I think the handle is sticking or its not catching to make it open. I can hear it locking and unlocking it just wont open when pulling the handle.....found all the other post too :whistle: sorry
many thanks for your replys guys :)

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Just to add I've not had a single issue with mine since that thread. I greased it up pretty good :).

gib20vt

May 11, 2008
Cumbria
Found the problem! managed to crawl into the boot and remove the plastic (minus a few broken clips :whistle:) and it was the plastic latch type thing it wasnt set back in the latch, so when you pull on the handle it wasnst pulling on the bar to open the boot.

put it back in to place and hey presto it worked!.................but now managed to lock myself out of the car with the keys still inside! :censored::censored: lucky I have the spare set at home.

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
my boot appears to be locked shut too, which is odd seeing as it worked fine on sunday..

anyway, i can't here the solenoid, all i can hear is a faint 'click' sound when i lock/unlock.
it's off to the dealer tomorrow so i cba to faff about climbing into the boot, etc

if it's the problem of the catch being in the wrong place, would you still hear the solenoid whirring away?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.