Bottle of wine set seat belt alarm off!

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
No ?? Now thats a strange choice to drop that on that model ...

thats the price you pay for different seats!

Mystery solved

maximus.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
hmmm... My FR definitely doesn't give any indication when the passenger seatbelt isn't fastened. I always just presumed it was a features not a problem lol!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I thought the warning was only on the drivers seat?

No definatley on my passenger seat too :)

If Seat are watching can i suggest maybe worth fitting them to rear seats ????

If the driver wants to take it off or the mrs in the passenger seat fair enough but wouldn't it be more safety conscious and therefore more practical if it warned you about one of the kids doing so in the back where you can't see clearly?

I know i'm getting old etc etc but think about it for a minute ???

in fact if it's that expensive to implement remove em from the front and fit em to the rear instead

just a thought :whistle:

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
.......following from above......

or at least increase the weight needed to set them off? But I agree, rear seats are more important from a safety point of view, as the front is in "easy" reach.

Still annoying though. I mean really, what does a bottle of wine weight?!? And I mean a normal 750ml bottle!!!!!!

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Haha.. Glad to see other people suffer with the sensitive seats too!

I always stick my lappy on the passenger seat on the way into and home from work. If I position it wrong it bings at me!

stuartsjg

Oct 22, 2008
Aberdeen
Hi,

i first noticed this about 2 days after getting the car, it was a chinese takeaway.

I moved it onto the floor and i think the car got confused, i cant imagine the German comuter saying to itsself "vot ist zis? sumvon hast left ze vehicle vilst it ist moving!?"

The bleeper sounded, then stopped, but the light stayed on, then the light went off then the bleeper went on, then all went back to normal over about 5 secs.

Poor thing.

i now just plug the seat belt in, but it doesnt always happen has ive had a case sitting on it with no probs. May depend where the sensor is. Unless it doesnt work properly, or the computer is still trying to work out how 2 months ago the seat became empty whilst it was moving.

Birdy

Nov 30, 2006
Manchester (astley)
I used to have the same problem used to go off when the dog sat in the seat, then it got worse, so bad my iphone would set it off, then it used to go off after a passanger got out......In the end I got fed up and took it back to SEAT a they fitted a new seat sensor, they said the old one had worn out!

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Had the dealers look at this yesterday when it went in for the keyfob to be done. The technician said "there was just a plug come unplugged on the sensor, I've plugged it back in and it should be ok now".

So I set off and "Bong! Bong! Bong!" This was with no-body sat in the front, nothing on the seat etc, lol! So went back and they disconnected it again (the previous owner must have disconnected it for that reason in the first place!) - they've ordered me a new sensor pad or something.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
if its that bad just plug the seat belt in and put the wine on the seat,

jesus.......... lately there have been some gay threads put on here, mostly about the bloody water in the footwells or the coolant light that has come on, but my god man you have the boot the rear seats rear footwells ur anus,

ffs

ktulumike

Jul 9, 2008
Banbridge, N Ireland

jesus.......... lately there have been some gay threads put on here, mostly about the bloody water in the footwells or the coolant light that has come on, but my god man you have the boot the rear seats rear footwells ur anus,

ffs

if it pisses people off that much, get an old seat belt clip from a scrapyard and leave it permanently in the seatbelt receiver. saves you pulling the belt across or around the back of the seat.
personally, i carry any bits in the footwell or on the back seat

SORTED[B)]

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland

ffs

:santa:...tis the season to be jolly,
fah-lah-lah-lah-lah,
la-la-la-lah...:santa:

Last edited:

DeanJ

black topped
Oct 26, 2006
Birmingham
I turned the warning off the other day when I had me car serviced. when i say "I" i mean me and the tech from midland vw. I can now put my laptop on the seat on the drive too and from work. well happy.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
to try to put an end to this thread once and for all can i point everyone in the direction of dans thread, that ive no doubt he spent alot of time on, and which is for the benefit of all.

CLICKY

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick

ffs

:rolleyes:

Thank you. I didn't think of that. Genius.

I will forever more not bother you with such "gay" threads. I just thought it was an amusing observation which others may have shared, and wish to add to. Afterall, this is a forum of owners of the same car. Perhaps I, and the authors of these other "gay" threads should pack up and f off to you do not have to be subjected to it?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise