Brake Bleed Screw

daljomo

my wife, I WISH !!!!!!!!
Nov 26, 2004
barton on humber north linc`s
anybody got any ideas on how to remove the brake bleed screw from my front calipers, because after the other day i decided to bleed the brakes up as they have been getting a bit spongy everything was going fine untill i got to the drivers side front wheel and found that the bleed screw had been rounded off by either the previous owner or the garage when in went for its last mot, ive had mole grips on it and even tried hammering a smaller size socket it on to it but to no avail its stuck solid, so i just wondered if anybody had any ideas for removing it before i commit to booking it into a garage.:shrug:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
anybody got any ideas on how to remove the brake bleed screw from my front calipers, because after the other day i decided to bleed the brakes up as they have been getting a bit spongy everything was going fine untill i got to the drivers side front wheel and found that the bleed screw had been rounded off by either the previous owner or the garage when in went for its last mot, ive had mole grips on it and even tried hammering a smaller size socket it on to it but to no avail its stuck solid, so i just wondered if anybody had any ideas for removing it before i commit to booking it into a garage.:shrug:

Buy a new bleed screw.
Get a bit of heat around the screw seat. Then screw a stud extractor into the end of the bleed screw and keep going. It may snap. You'll then have to use the stud extractor on the piece that's still in the caliper.

Or take it to a garage..............

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.