Brake conversions

jamiebennett81

just been looking at the awesomegti site, and found the following which are cheaper than the Brembo kit

as a cheaper big brake alternative, does anyone have any experience of the following:

Tarox 6 Pot Brake Kit for VW 5x100

A budget priced 6 pot caliper brake upgrade kit that is suitable for various VAG models including the Mk3 Golf VR6, Mk4 Golf, Bora, Beetle, Audi TT, Leon and Octavia.

Tarox have managed to contain the cost by using an existing cast disc instead of the more usual two piece discs with alloy hub . The kit may be a little heavier than a similarly sized TAROX kit with two piece disc but the extra weight will be of little consequence to road users and the favourable price will more than compensate. The kit carries full German TUV approval - a further testament to the quality of this product.

The kit includes: Two F2000 312mm discs, Two B32 six piston lightweight alloy calipers, One set of pads, Two braided hoses, Two fitting brackets

Title Awesome Part # Price

Tarox 6 Pot Brake Kit for VW 5x100 BR-KIT-TAR-KMVW0412 £795

taroxkit1.jpg

OR these:

Neuspeed Porsche Brake Kit - £795

If you want big front brakes but don't have a big budget, Neuspeed's economy upgrade kit is just for you. The Neuspeed kit provides everything you need to convert your car to 12.3"(312mm) Audi TT Quattro front discs and Porsche Boxster 4-piston calipers. We supply the calipers, discs, the Neuspeed billet aluminum caliper adapters, and custom stainless braided hoses.

porschebrakekit.jpg

caveo

MMMM? surly a bigger disk size is the best way to better breaks as youve already got 312s cant see em being that much better but they look sh1t hot.

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
well because there 6 pot and 4 pot you get much more braking area so to speak you have 3 and 2 pots on each side doing the braking rather than one like the standard brakes

but out of the 2 i'd have the tops ones

buy the big porsche cayenne ones there mooshive

jamiebennett81

how big are the brembos on the LCR?

if these are smaller, then might just be easier in terms of fitment as you dont have to worry as much about wheel clearance etc

and having 6 pots even on a 312mm disc is still going to offer some very good braking for sure

jamiebennett81

You can pay via cc if he will take paypal!

why did you tell me that, doh!

**EDIT** that would need some massive wheels to fit over those brakes though and I dont think my wheels would fit over them, even my new 18's

Stu_pot

Fire Starter
Mar 26, 2004
Near Blackpool
why did you tell me that, doh!

**EDIT** that would need some massive wheels to fit over those brakes though and I dont think my wheels would fit over them, even my new 18's

Nope, these fit under 17" wheels believe it or not, had them on my S3 under the standard rims as well as the MTM reps you see in the pics.

Yes I do accept paypal :)

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
just been looking at the awesomegti site, and found the following which are cheaper than the Brembo kit

as a cheaper big brake alternative, does anyone have any experience of the following:

I believe RobDon has the Tarox kit on his LC

If you are doing track work consider 2-piece discs, the discs are the weak point of the setup on the LCR for example

browner01

Mikey B
Oct 4, 2007
it doesnt matter how big the wheels are, they could still catch on the caliper.

iv tried a couple of different wheels on mine19" and 19" and they didnt clear the caliper

Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
i may be selling my kit for £550 if i get no interest in my car, ate 4 pots, with 2 piece 326mm discs , less than a month old, virtually brand new , done less than 500 miles, so already run in,
DSCI0327.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2007
gloucester
Nick, are these the much discussed brakes that were bought on ebay for that bargain price?

yes they are, im only selling as i am selling the s3 to get some cash towards a house now, and the s3 doesnt seem to be getting any interest, so will be putting it back to standard and selling the bits separetly