Brake upgrades for the Cupra 300ST

Black300ST

Nov 16, 2022
Hi,

I currently have the standard Cupra brake setup (non Brembo) but as I'm looking to go Stage 2/3, I think bigger anchors are in order.

Looking around there seem to be a few upgrades that are sensible money and retain the 340mm disc. I've seen Aston Martin/ Porsche Macan/ TTRS caliper upgrade kits. I also belive that Golf Clubsport S discs are a better option (still 340mm but lighter)

Does anyone have any experience with any of these and are they worth the money? Or is it better to go all in for a big brake kit?

I intend going down to 18" lightweight rims rather than the standard 19s which I think are too big and heavy, so I'm also worried about clearance.

Any advice appreciated.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Hi,

I currently have the standard Cupra brake setup (non Brembo) but as I'm looking to go Stage 2/3, I think bigger anchors are in order.

Looking around there seem to be a few upgrades that are sensible money and retain the 340mm disc. I've seen Aston Martin/ Porsche Macan/ TTRS caliper upgrade kits. I also belive that Golf Clubsport S discs are a better option (still 340mm but lighter)

Does anyone have any experience with any of these and are they worth the money? Or is it better to go all in for a big brake kit?

I intend going down to 18" lightweight rims rather than the standard 19s which I think are too big and heavy, so I'm also worried about clearance.

Any advice appreciated.
The standard 340mm brakes in good condition are good brakes and a lot of brake for a road car.
If you are planning on going on track then that is a completely different requirement in heat management.
If going on track I would either keep your existing calipers and get some high performance pads or go the 370mm Brembo upgrade. These can fit under some 18" aftermarket wheels.

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
I went with VBT hooked front discs and racing line rp700 front pads along with braided hoses all round and fluid change, took a few hundred miles to bed in but find them much better over stock, I looked at the clubsport discs but couldn’t justify the price but have just seen non drilled are available about £100 cheaper compared to drilled

Reactions: Black300ST

Black300ST

Nov 16, 2022
I went with VBT hooked front discs and racing line rp700 front pads along with braided hoses all round and fluid change, took a few hundred miles to bed in but find them much better over stock, I looked at the clubsport discs but couldn’t justify the price but have just seen non drilled are available about £100 cheaper compared to drilled
Thanks. Yeah I would only ever buy grooved or plain discs. Not a big fan of drilled. Good to hear that your setup is an improvement over standard. That's what I want really just a slight upgrade over the OEM.