Brembos not right

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
Got a set of Brembos on the cupra.
Im not trying to put Brembos down, but they are absolutely terrible on mine.
After about 2 minutes of harsh driving they fade bigtime, I really think there is something wrong with them.

The pads & discs front and rear have plenty of meat left in them, iv bled the system, the brake pedal is firm but going out for a harsh drive is a suicide mission at the minute, and will be no good on track.

Im thinking about getting some elliptical discs and some DS2500 pads to see if that solves it. May get the calipers refurbed at the same time.

The brakes are fine under normal driving, but when they fade and I have to stop, they get seriously hot, you can hear the metal ticking.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same?

Last edited:

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent
Calipers sticking? This would cause the pads to be in contact with the disc all the time hence all the heat

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
What brake fluid are you using? If its regular bog standard it wont be good at all, get some motul high temp stuff. Had my brembos on 2days now and im very impressed with them. Still bedding in, but they feel they have some serious stopping power in them! Got a slight squeek though which is getting annoying!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I have no idea at the min, as I bought the car with them on.... but would imagine a pad made for Brembos would be pretty decent?

Think its got Delco pads on the rear.. but not too sure.

No it would'nt be so.. there are cheap ass Brembo fitment pads available.

Whe you say fade, what does your pedal feel like? does it sink to the floor? does it feel hard pedal but not stopping as sharply when hot no matter what pressure you apply?

sinking pedal is boiling brake fluid/air when hot
hard pedal and more pressure making little difference is pads saying "enough"

DS2500's ferodos are good pads, motul RBF600 is good high temp fluid
Brembo's rock, so your problem is specific to the bits on your car in what ever state they happen to be in..

Mar 1, 2009
Liverpool
No it would'nt be so.. there are cheap ass Brembo fitment pads available.

Whe you say fade, what does your pedal feel like? does it sink to the floor? does it feel hard pedal but not stopping as sharply when hot no matter what pressure you apply?

sinking pedal is boiling brake fluid/air when hot
hard pedal and more pressure making little difference is pads saying "enough"

DS2500's ferodos are good pads, motul RBF600 is good high temp fluid
Brembo's rock, so your problem is specific to the bits on your car in what ever state they happen to be in..

Yeah the pedal is still solid when they fade.

Want to completely sort out the brakes in the next few months, so ill get in touch with you for the DS2500s

Which pads would you recommend for standard rears?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
std pagids for rears. more than adequate. my racecar runs std pagid rears and std rear disks and I have twin bias valve to 'reduce' rear brake effort. they are overbraked on the rear as std

Sounds like you pads/disks are goosed by your description

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.