bump strips colour coding

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
Hi guys, just a quick question to those of you who have colour code bump strips: how weel the paint holds?

I'm planning to do mine, using the black ones which are said to be better for colour coding. Anyway, I live in the city and tight parkings between cars are the norm, I always pay attention when parking but not everyone does so the chances of getting the strips beaten is quite high. Would you recommend doing this mod or not?

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
I'd say, do your bump strips have any marks on them at the moment from parking incidents?
If they dont then yeah go for it, if they do, then i'd say Hmm, maybe not!

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Try actually reading the original post, If he does it he will be using the black ones (from lower spec ibiza's) and he is worried as to whether they will become damaged by bumps / scrapes from other cars who are parking, and i believe, he is asking whether other people have had them done, and had problems with bumps and scrapes.

Cupra_Wayne

263.6bhp / 285lbft.....
Oct 11, 2004
Herts
Mine are colour coded. They were done from new by the dealer. Paint is still perfect (no cracks, bubbling etc) just a few parking marks from the previous owner :whistle: Get it done boy.

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
Thx guys.

I have some marks on the bumps strips indeed. I really like the looks of the cupra with the colour coded strips tho,,,

I'm thinking that maybe if they get bad I might always buy new ones and paint them as well since they're quite cheap.

How do I remove them [just in case]?

Forbez, you sayin that the black ones [which are said to be better for painting in your sticky] are from lower spec beezas?

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Yeah mate, the cupra's had grey bumpstrips as standard, and are difficult for the paint to stick to .

The black ones came on lower spec cars, and are better for rubbing down and painting.

Think im getting mine done too, when i get the bonnet, bumper, wings, and a quick blow over.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
pretty sure they do Phil

i like the colour coded bump strips, but they'll get chipped up eventually by some **** and his wife and thats if the stones dont get at it first, mine could do with another coat

montyb

That's exactly my concern,,, but then how does the paint hold in that case?

The paint held pretty well to be honest, it is noticable but then it would be going from red paint to a black bump strip!

Should only need a quick blow over to make it look as good as new again. I guess you just have to expect these slight grazes it just annoys me when people dont even aknowledge that they have doen things like this to someone elses motor [:@]

M

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise