Buying a 2014 1.4 Toca, couple of questions (Keys, garmin, etc)

JamieN

Oct 10, 2017
So buying a 2014 1.4 Toca for the misses. Picking up next week just before her birthday so hoping to get this sorted before then.

Couple of questions. One of the keys with the car (3 buttons) is completely battered on the outside, anywhere I can get an official shell casing for it?

The garmin, I've heard it needs to be updated? Is this a paid update or is that just for the satnav side of things?

Thanks.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
So far I've resisted in posting to this thread, but, in general buying a new folding key shell is possible on ebay, maybe just a question of picking the right one as opposed to a crap copy, I don't think that SEAT etc sell replacement shells.

I can't comment on Garmin updates other than state the obvious, ie if that car came with a 3 year warranty it would have included 3 years of map updates.

Edit:- any stand alone Sat Navs that I have owned, came with lifetime updates for basic stuff and that included operating system upgrades as well as map data - if that helps.

Last edited:

Fletch

Jan 28, 2016
Hastings
The sat nav doesnt seem to have any software updates. Only updates are the maps. But officially they are paid for. But it can be updated another way for free if your ok with dragging/dropping the files onto the unit yourself!