Reverse Camera washer? (and a couple other queries)

WhiskyBomber

Apr 13, 2023
Hi all, I've just put an order in for a Formentor V2 (White, manual, Virtual Pedal & Blue Nappa Seats). I ordered through Motorfinity basically online/over the phone and their "Account Managers" deal with lots of Manufacturers so any questions I had about the actual specs of the car I'm pretty sure they just told me whatever I wanted to hear. Its due for a September delivery which they assured me was plenty time but I'm expecting delays so if it is September thats a bonus.

I've currently got a Mk4 Octavia 1st Edition so most of the tech in the Formentor V2 is the same or very similar to what I have now (Odd that the blindspot assist wasn't an option and I'll miss you heated steering wheel and windscreen!) but I have a couple questions that I can't easily find answers to in the spec sheet - Does the reversing camera have its own washer? My Octavia one does, as its VAG and I assume the same part then I assume the Formentor does too but the pictures I google look different and a review complained that it got very dirty to the point of unusable in Winter so I thought I'd better check. Its hardly a deal breaker and its very much a 1st world minor issue but seems odd if it was removed.

Does the ACC have its own 3rd lever on the steering wheel on the Formentor or is it just steering wheel buttons? Again, Skoda has a 3rd lever under the indicator lever for ACC thats very easy to use without even thinking about (push and pull for pause/resume, etc) is it just two buttons on the steering wheel for Cupra?

How is the infotainment - and specifically does Android AUto wireless work here now too? Skoda (and all VAG I think) had massive software issues and I see from posts that this seems to be slowly getting resolved here too, but Android Auto was wired only for a long time until an update last Summer finally activated it. Skoda said it was wired only and the Cupra configurator states wired as well but updates activated it can anybody confirm if it works?

Thanks for any responses

Tmat

Jan 26, 2023
Your V2 won't have a heated steering wheel? Mine has it. I find the windscreen clears up pretty quickly using the functions for the front and rear on max. My Android auto is wireless. Only twice in 3 months it hasn't connected and the icon wasn't showing on the infotainment screen.

Reactions: WhiskyBomber

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
From what ive read here wireless Andriod auto isn't standard in all countries but I believe it is in UK. Ive only had a couple of issues and theyve been caused by my phone (or my stupidity!)
Reversing camera doesn't have a washer, which my last car had but its not been a problem sure there are times when its been a bit dirty but it's never been unusable and it does have sensors and I've driven for long enough without one.
ACC is a couple of buttons on the wheel and it's fine, seems every manufacturer has a different selection of buttons or levers so it always takes a couple of journeys to get used to it in a new car.

Reactions: WhiskyBomber

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
From what ive read here wireless Andriod auto isn't standard in all countries but I believe it is in UK. Ive only had a couple of issues and theyve been caused by my phone (or my stupidity!)
Reversing camera doesn't have a washer, which my last car had but its not been a problem sure there are times when its been a bit dirty but it's never been unusable and it does have sensors and I've driven for long enough without one.
ACC is a couple of buttons on the wheel and it's fine, seems every manufacturer has a different selection of buttons or levers so it always takes a couple of journeys to get used to it in a new car.
I thought I read in a thread somewhere that there was a washer.. but it was a little hidden on how to activate.. I think it was put in reverse and pump spray to back window.. I haven't got mine yet so can't test... ahh here it was https://www.reddit.com/r/CupraFormentor/comments/10v3l92/_/j7h5u4p

dazed

Mar 28, 2022

Dominus

Apr 9, 2023
Hi all, I've just put an order in for a Formentor V2 (White, manual, Virtual Pedal & Blue Nappa Seats). I ordered through Motorfinity basically online/over the phone and their "Account Managers" deal with lots of Manufacturers so any questions I had about the actual specs of the car I'm pretty sure they just told me whatever I wanted to hear. Its due for a September delivery which they assured me was plenty time but I'm expecting delays so if it is September thats a bonus.

I've currently got a Mk4 Octavia 1st Edition so most of the tech in the Formentor V2 is the same or very similar to what I have now (Odd that the blindspot assist wasn't an option and I'll miss you heated steering wheel and windscreen!) but I have a couple questions that I can't easily find answers to in the spec sheet - Does the reversing camera have its own washer? My Octavia one does, as its VAG and I assume the same part then I assume the Formentor does too but the pictures I google look different and a review complained that it got very dirty to the point of unusable in Winter so I thought I'd better check. Its hardly a deal breaker and its very much a 1st world minor issue but seems odd if it was removed.

Does the ACC have its own 3rd lever on the steering wheel on the Formentor or is it just steering wheel buttons? Again, Skoda has a 3rd lever under the indicator lever for ACC thats very easy to use without even thinking about (push and pull for pause/resume, etc) is it just two buttons on the steering wheel for Cupra?

How is the infotainment - and specifically does Android AUto wireless work here now too? Skoda (and all VAG I think) had massive software issues and I see from posts that this seems to be slowly getting resolved here too, but Android Auto was wired only for a long time until an update last Summer finally activated it. Skoda said it was wired only and the Cupra configurator states wired as well but updates activated it can anybody confirm if it works?

Thanks for any responses
I've come from a Mk3 Skoda Superb to the Formentor. As you say, ACC was so simple on the Skoda with the stalk. On the Formentor I simply press 'Set' on the steering wheel and ACC is engaged at the speed you are currently doing. + and - for increments of 5mph and 'Set' and 'Res' for increments of 1mph. It's different but very easy to get used to. What I didn't realise is that lane assist is very different to the Skoda, on the Skoda it actively keeps you in the lane when lane assist is activated. On the Formentor lane assist is passive unless you also enable 'Travel Assist' which is so bizarre - what's the point of lane assist that doesn't assist :giggle:

WhiskyBomber

Apr 13, 2023
I've come from a Mk3 Skoda Superb to the Formentor. As you say, ACC was so simple on the Skoda with the stalk. On the Formentor I simply press 'Set' on the steering wheel and ACC is engaged at the speed you are currently doing. + and - for increments of 5mph and 'Set' and 'Res' for increments of 1mph. It's different but very easy to get used to. What I didn't realise is that lane assist is very different to the Skoda, on the Skoda it actively keeps you in the lane when lane assist is activated. On the Formentor lane assist is passive unless you also enable 'Travel Assist' which is so bizarre - what's the point of lane assist that doesn't assist :giggle:
Ah ok, same but different! I'm sure it will be fine, and passive lane assist just sounds like the car being the ultimate backseat driving nagging you to stay in the centre of the lane all the time!

Thanks for the replies, good that the rear camera does have a wee washer after all, mine gets covered in pollen all summer which does block the view quite a lot but a wee squirt is all it needs!

Reactions: Dominus
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.