Buying advice/tips

t_v

Feb 19, 2021
sorry, (again), for the huge delay in this reply! I was randomly in Halfords killing time until the sports shop next door opened, and noticed a "universal" dog guard which looked a similar shape to the Tarraco boot space.. It was £35 so thought I'd take a punt and it's absolutely excellent. It comes in three parts which you can attach (or not) however you like. There's clips to secure it to the headrest and it seems sturdy enough so far,
Would that be the mesh or the tubular one?

Can you share any photos, especially interested, if the mesh, in how the bottom part looks and how much it protrudes from the seatbacks (if at all).

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
Would that be the mesh or the tubular one?

Can you share any photos, especially interested, if the mesh, in how the bottom part looks and how much it protrudes from the seatbacks (if at all).
Same from me too-would be really useful-if you don’t mind at some point

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Here we go…. As you can see, there’s three parts which you can assemble how you like to make it fit best. Not a perfect fit, but good enough for me for £35

Attachments

• 72AAB253-F387-498B-A219-654F4C626A21.jpeg
    72AAB253-F387-498B-A219-654F4C626A21.jpeg
    732.9 KB · Views: 102
  • B4CDB862-AA85-4DAA-9B79-1955A01E6D93.jpeg
    B4CDB862-AA85-4DAA-9B79-1955A01E6D93.jpeg
    616.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 1E5C3B86-8DF4-46BB-8D4B-F20396379114.jpeg
    1E5C3B86-8DF4-46BB-8D4B-F20396379114.jpeg
    768.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 647B8AA2-2B60-4175-B7C1-1E7493812BC2.jpeg
    647B8AA2-2B60-4175-B7C1-1E7493812BC2.jpeg
    472.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Love
Reactions: Tell

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
Here we go…. As you can see, there’s three parts which you can assemble how you like to make it fit best. Not a perfect fit, but good enough for me for £35
Great stuff,thanks for that.I’ve a Vizsla,so fairly comparable as well.Cheers.

t_v

Feb 19, 2021
This is very good for £35 and yes, it is not a perfect fit but for the price it does the job very well. Can double as luggage "net" as well.

Ordering...

Reactions: Tell

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Nearly forgot that I took this too before I threw it out. It’s the box it came incase anyone was wondering which one I purchased.

Attachments

• B134CE45-0E54-4E06-A9B6-7E23AA23F40C.jpeg
    B134CE45-0E54-4E06-A9B6-7E23AA23F40C.jpeg
    722.6 KB · Views: 102

Zog

Jan 6, 2023
Sorry to resurrect an old thread - but it seems silly to start another one asking about exactly the same topic! Also couldn’t find the answer to this specific question elsewhere on here.

I’ve decided to trade in a fairly ancient A6 saloon for a used 2 litre 190 Tarraco (not bothered whether TDI or TSI) and have been studying the brochures from 2019. I had initially decided on an Xcellence Lux but then realised that there was a slightly posher - albeit minus the leather seats - launch model (Xcellence Lux First Ed Plus) which had, among other extra stuff, the beats audio system with the subwoofer. As far as I can tell, this was only available on the first edition models at launch and completely disappeared from the pre-facelift models thereafter.

I’m big on music in the car and have always specced the uprated sound system when ordering new - had a mk3 Octavia with the canton system and it was excellent. What I’d like to know is: is it worth going for the First Edition model over the Xcellence Lux for the beats audio? Is it much different to the standard system (and does the standard one come with a subwoofer)? I do prefer the leather upholstery in the XL - which doesn’t seem to be possible to have alongside the beats audio - so if there’s not much difference between the beats and standard systems, I’ll go for the Xcellence Lux instead. I just don’t seem to be able to find any information on the actual differences between the two systems! Any help much appreciated.

Tell

Staff member
This also might be one for @East Yorkshire Retrofits as well that retrofit sound systems, their view of the Beats and Sound subwoofer v without. Mines the Ateca Seat Sound with subwoofer, the pre runner to Beats and Sound. My sub woofer does work which is a joy, ditto the centre speaker which wasn't in the ones without the Seat Sound System. I guess the Tarraco full blown system gives you the sub woofer plus an additional at the front.

What's happened on the Seat Sound System verses the one without was all the other speakers were identical except you got the extra sub woofer and centre speaker. These days they are mounted in epoxy resin type of plugs and built into the doors making it more tricky to do post changes as DIY unless you take the door liner out, drill out the lugs that hold the speakers. You see that in the DIY posts. Gone are the days of unclipping the front cover, TX screw driver etc.

I guess @t_v has some views.... he's totally into accessories more than me 😉.

Reactions: Zog

Tell

Staff member
On MIB2, seat sound makes beats look like crap

Beats is louder, Seat sound is a nicer sound

This changes with MIB3 as it's a new system for beats and Seat Sound is no longer available (and it cannot be retrofitted).
Are you saying nothing can be retrofitted if you got mib3 or that the Seat components aren't available to upgrade within the Seat mib3 sound product range post market so you are looking at a complete re-fit, quess so, they haven't managed to secure lock the speakers to their equipment yet. Comes down again to people needing to be very careful with that deal that's being offered by sales people.

I'm happy with my Seat Sound System not going to throw the car away to get a bunch of issues on connected cars 😂. Research on what you are getting these days is even more important.

Are you saying nothing can be retrofitted if you got mib3 or that the Seat components aren't available to upgrade within the Seat mib3 sound product range post market so you are looking at a complete re-fit, quess so, they haven't managed to secure lock the speakers to their equipment yet. Comes down again to people needing to be very careful with that deal that's being offered by sales people.

I'm happy with my Seat Sound System not going to throw the car away to get a bunch of issues on connected cars 😂. Research on what you are getting these days is even more important.
If you want good audio with MIB3 for Seat/Cupra, it's beats or nothing. The infotainment units don't support a subwoofer without an external amplifier

We fitted beats on MIB3 over a year and a half ago. Not the worst job in the world, especially now amplifiers are starting to become available used.

Reactions: Zog and Tell

Tell

Staff member
If you want good audio with MIB3 for Seat/Cupra, it's beats or nothing. The infotainment units don't support a subwoofer without an external amplifier

We fitted beats on MIB3 over a year and a half ago. Not the worst job in the world, especially now amplifiers are starting to become available used.
The amp under the seat carpet. Presume VAG ones standard across the mib3 range but not sold as "spares". The outboard amp has been a long time coming to Seat.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.