Cam Belt Intervals for AUQ

CupraTurbo81

Hey all,

I'm new to this forum and currently own a 2002 Black leon Cupra AUQ engine. When I got her it had 52,883miles and was told it did not need changed until 60,000miles. However, I got the belt changed immediately to be safe. I have had it 16 months and has never skipped a beat but she is now on 69,773miles. When ill I need to start thinking about getting it changed again as I am unsure on the correct intervals?? I plan to cahnge the water pump and the tensioners at the same time.

Any advice would be great. Thanks

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
I think the real answer to that question is - when your water pump packs in, which I'd guess is going to be before 100k miles........

(Didn't they change the tensioner etc when they did the belt?)

CupraTurbo81

Yeah they did change the tensioner and pulleys at 52k but I was under the impression it all needs changed every time? So am I right in thinking the belt is supposed to be changed every 60k? In that case she will need done either around 100k or when her water pump packs in. Which ever occurs first lol.

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
I was told, 60000 for the first change, then every 40k. Surprised you didn't have the water pump changed at the same time as the cambelt. i got the full kit and it was cheaper that way.

Matt

CupraTurbo81

I wasnt aware at the time that the water pump was a leon soft spot or I would of requested it be changed at the same time. I plan to do all the work myself when the time comes to save labour charges.

kenty

I have an AUQ engine and do mine every 40k to 50k saying that i have just done my cam belt (complete kit) and also changed the water pump for the metal type too,

Must say got a cracking deal on the cambelt kit and aux belt from my local VW dealer must say it worth badgering them on the price!!

48.95 - cam belt kit
13.75 - aux belt

all + vat

Water pump metal type came from ebay to be honest ;)