Cam drive

Mar 2, 2024
United Kingdom
Hi new to the group and thinking to upgrade my current car for a 2023 Cupra Leon 1.5 fsi V1. Could anyone tell me if the 1.5 fsi engine cam shaft drive is a belt or chain . If it is belt drive , is it the conventional belt drive or is it the dreaded "Wet Belt" that a lot of the other manufacturers are using . Thanks in advance for your help

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi new to the group and thinking to upgrade my current car for a 2023 Cupra Leon 1.5 fsi V1. Could anyone tell me if the 1.5 fsi engine cam shaft drive is a belt or chain . If it is belt drive , is it the conventional belt drive or is it the dreaded "Wet Belt" that a lot of the other manufacturers are using . Thanks in advance for your help
Welcome to SCN, don't know if that model is cam or chain, try posting/searching in the Leon threads of the CUPRA car forums for more info, as not all users read this newbies section.

Reactions: kenny66

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021

The 1.5 TSI has the intake and exhaust camshaft (DOHC) driven by a zero-maintenance, low-friction timing belt.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.