1.0 fr tsi 2020 potential purchase help

Amos15

Apr 23, 2019
Hi guys,

We are looking at purchasing a Leon 1.0 fr tsi 2020 registered Sept 20 its a very well looked after car. It currently has 32,000 miles on clock

Just a couple of questions is there anything to look out for?

Cam belt is it wet or dry or these new leons now?

Any issues?

Thanks guys 😊

ruidebraga

May 31, 2023
Hello, I have a LEON FR 1.0 TSI from 05/2021. So far I'm very happy with the car.
Although the engine is just a 3-cylinder with 1 liter capacity, when driving it no one would guess...
On the highway, it easily maintains a cruising speed of between 120-140km/h, with an average of 5.8 liters per 100 km.
In overtaking situations, although it is obviously not a sports car, it responds well.
In normal driving on the road and in the city, it handles high gears well at very low revs. I feel that it responds relatively well from 1,500 rpm, as long as you are aware that it is a 1 liter engine. The variable geometry turbo must play some role in this.
In terms of interior and finishes, it is not a BMW or a premium brand but it has very honest finishes.
Visually, both outside and inside, in my opinion, it is one of the most beautiful cars on the market.
Unlike many, I love the minimalist interior, where everything is controlled by the infotainment system, with no buttons scattered across the dashboard.
I'll say it again: it's my opinion, as I know that many would prefer more buttons, especially for controlling the ventilation system.
As for the mechanical part, I can't give you many details. But coming from a SEAT Ibiza from 2008 to 2023, which never gave me any problems, I confess that I feel a sense of security when opening the bonnet and seeing the VW/Audi symbol everywhere..

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.