Can anyone identify this wire? Ibiza Cupra 2.016V

italian job

ABF MK2 GOLF
Mar 24, 2004
Belper
Just finished putting my ABF engined Ibiza back together after a clutch change,to do this i removed the front bumper/slam panel/radiator as well as starter motor.Its all gone back together nicely and everything works as it should as far as i can tell,my only warning light is the airbag warning but i'm thinking that needs turning off with vag com (i removed the steering wheel/airbag as i changed the steering column)
I'm left with a single black wire with a red female connector,it disapears into the loom near to the starter,i have pulled it up for the photo,could it be redundant on my car as it doesn't have aircon? Just a thought.
DEC09006.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers Paul.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
was always one wire that everyone decided did nothing that used to lie across the front of the block even with AC but ill check in mine later and make sure it was black with red connector

dont ask me why though but ill double check later

italian job

ABF MK2 GOLF
Mar 24, 2004
Belper
Thanks for both replies,the horn wasn't dis connected and still works,the ambient temp sensor was disconnected but was re connected and is working fine,cheers for the help.

Paul.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I'm trying to think back to my KR 16v engine. I have a feeling that there was a cable that connected somewhere on the top of the bell housing on the gearbox near where the cable went in for the rev counter/worm drive. Maybe I'm dreaming as it was 10+ years ago.

Wouldn't be a rad temp sensor wire to switch the fan on when it overheats?

italian job

ABF MK2 GOLF
Mar 24, 2004
Belper
Thanks very much for the replys,you know how it is when you put something back together then realise you have a bit left over,it felt like that,mind at rest now!

Cheers Paul.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
many times - done it myself then realised the lambda senosr was still unplugged - doh !!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise