Car Function Colours on Screen - Is there a Primary On / Off Colour?

the_lorne_ranger

Nov 20, 2023
Aberdeen, Scotland
Hi All,

Still loving my VZ2 after a couple of weeks of ownership, and not experienced any infotainment issues folk have been experiencing (Recently updated OTA to 1940)

But, something that is confusing me at times is:

So when you have the blower fans on, the fan icons show as white meaning on, but other icons, such as Front / Rear windscreen heaters and heated steering light up red means they are on, and white when they are off, other icons such as the fan direction, the arrow lights up red to show which directions are activated, the opposite colour to the fan on white colour.

So, my question is, for the A/C buttons, air recirculation etc, and possibly other buttons, how do you know which colour means on or off?

Reactions: arizla

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
I beleived that a red arrow meant it was blowing warm air from that vent. A blue arrow means it's blowing cold air.
Not sure if that helps…

Reactions: LetsForment

the_lorne_ranger

Nov 20, 2023
Aberdeen, Scotland
I beleived that a red arrow meant it was blowing warm air from that vent. A blue arrow means it's blowing cold air.
Not sure if that helps…
Too cold up here in Scotland for that arrow to ever turn blue just now! haha

Kind of helps, doesnt explain why for the heated steering wheel and windows demisters white means off, but for the fans and temp, white means on :ROFLMAO:

So when it comes to AC and air recirculate buttons, I can't tell if red means on or off.

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
While on this subject; does the inconsistent behavior over the airflow selection bother anybody else?

I liken this to a audio mixing desk; when windscreen, face and feet zones are all on. It seems to be random luck whether pressing a zone will "mute" or "solo" that zone.

Situation: You want to focus airflow at the windscreen.

You press windscreen zone: On this occasion, it "mutes" the windscreen zone.

In an alternate universe...

You press windscreen zone: The windscreen is "solo" while face and feet zones "mute".

:mad:

Reactions: Alex667

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
It was so much simpler when we just had these
cd31ee71d12f6c13b52c1419eaff5973.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.