Car immediate obsolescence after leaving dealer?

Apr 13, 2023
Hello all!
Less than one year ago my car was delivered to me. And only half a year I am riding it and I glad that everything is new, fresh and tasty.

One week ago I went to CUPRA owners meeting and was really surprised to know, that some options that was not available for my car (and dealer told that it is ok, just car is not mechanically adopted for such solutions due to many reasons).

And now I know that 360 camera is available. It was really bad to know that feature which was important for me now became available, without any official restylings. Also matrix lights, cups with good leather, instead of nappa ****, and… one tone coloring instead of *any color*+gray, which I repainted in full black for insane amount of money.

I am ready to forgive them laggy main screen, not working touch screen lamps, scary sounds from DSG but…

I bought car in highest of available equipments. And was ready to pay 500€ more for 360 camera for example because it was interesting for me.

After my questions like “really, why I was not provided with option to buy It?” they answered that “RETROFIT” iavailable with astronomical prices, like 3000+€ for 360 cam.

One question. This is CUPRA bad relationship to clients, lack of experience or my dealership fault?
I am full of anger right now. Because one year car is already “outdated”.

dvinell

Jul 27, 2011
Your understanding of the car manufacturing process is flawed.
Just like the F1 teams, manufacturers will keep introducing "upgrades" across a model lifecycle.
Upgrades such as 360 camera require software changes to head unit, control modules, additional connectors on CanBus, and so on.
These will be tested in combination with the other module software that the car will leave with.

What it WON'T be tested with is with older versions of head unit, wiring loom, modules and software from previous cars.
Hence your crazy re-retrofit upgrade price.

As to the rest, it's a process of continuous improvement.
The later buyers get better cars : you cannot hold back the changes to keep the existing owners happy: the idea is to sell more new cars.

Reactions: SRGTD

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Your understanding of the car manufacturing process is flawed.
Just like the F1 teams, manufacturers will keep introducing "upgrades" across a model lifecycle.
Upgrades such as 360 camera require software changes to head unit, control modules, additional connectors on CanBus, and so on.
These will be tested in combination with the other module software that the car will leave with.

What it WON'T be tested with is with older versions of head unit, wiring loom, modules and software from previous cars.
Hence your crazy re-retrofit upgrade price.

As to the rest, it's a process of continuous improvement.
The later buyers get better cars : you cannot hold back the changes to keep the existing owners happy: the idea is to sell more new cars.

Agree; it’s pretty much always been like this. I bought my first brand new car (a Ford) back in 1980 and within a couple of months of taking delivery, Ford introduced a series of equipment upgrades; the equivalent of today’s model year changes. Can’t say it really bothered me - I was still perfectly happy with my car.

The addition of some of the tech-related equipment to the Formentor in the OP’s country (Latvia?) could possibly also be an indication of improvements in the supply chain for semiconductors to the motor manufacturing industry at long last.

Reactions: Klangoust

Hizzards

Aug 19, 2021
It’s sounds like your lack of experience TBH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise