car key has lost its coding..

samacus

Nov 30, 2008
i have a brand new key just been cut but not coded so if i try this will it start the car?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Sadly, no, but you should still be able to sync it to the remote central locking system though. The matching of the new key to the immobiliser will mean taking the car and all its available keys to your local VAG - or maybe even only Seat dealer, they then, on evidence that you own the car, request the transmitting of new codes up from Seat Uk - from Seat factory, once the dealer receives the codes they has only got a life time of 24 hours (I think), so the car needs to be brought back with all its keys that you still intend to use, new and old and recode them to the car.

Deejay

no prawn sarnies ere
Nov 8, 2002
ЯEPUБLIC OF MANCUNIA
the process for the mk3 is like said above.

1-key in the igntion turn on so the lights come on but dont start it.
2-Take the key out quickly
3-quickly- hold down the lock button on your key fob and press unlock 3 times
4-the led on the fob will light up 5 times during them lighting up the car should try and lock and unlock itself.

make sure you have all your doors closed and your sat in the car, try and do the process quickly.

My central locking has been a miss for a while and just sorted it using this process above with the exception being;

1-key in the igntion turn on so the lights come on but dont start it.
2-Take the key out quickly
3-quickly- hold down the unlock button on your key fob and press lock 3 times
4-the led on the fob will light up 5 times during them lighting up the car should try and lock and unlock itself.

this worked for me... (holding down lock and pressing unlock 3 times did not).

thanks all

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members