Car Wont Start - Relay

tuka_uk

Hello,

I was driving in the rain when the engine cut out on me. The engine would not start up again.

After getting the car home again, when I try to start the car I heard a constant clicking noise from the dashboard, all lights are normal on the dashboard.

I have found the grey relay that was making the noise - it has in big black letters 167

part number is 191906383C , which is related to the fuel pump.

Everything else seems to be ok , it just seems to be shorting or something i think I might have a gromit come out or a hole were water has got through.

I know a relay should click when it works, but when I try to start the car, everything is ok and sounds normal fuel pressure is ok as the gauge lifts, oil is ok.

Just get a constant click click click click click click click click .....

Should I just have to change this part for me to start the car?

Im very sure mechanically everything else is ok, as I was going 30 mph in 3rd gear at the time and wasnt thrashing it or anything.

??

magnumsport

Duff battery/alternator?

There might be enough juice in the battery to engage the relay, but when the starter motor is connected to the battery, massive voltage drop due to low resistance/high current draw of the starter. Relay drops out, process repeats

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members