CD changer help please

danks

my CD changer was working fine. then changed the cds over then it wouldnt load kept saying error then went to take the cds out and wouldnt eject have no power going to the changer now i dont think. keeps saying error on the display when put it onto cd!

has anyone else has this problem is it something that can vbe fixed or d i need to buy a new changer?

danks

yer checked the fuses no problem. so strange had a play with it today and the magazine is ejecting. still just comes up with error. think im going to try and buy a new changer.

Finbow20vt

ive also got this problem mate, i stripped the changer right down but it still didnt make any difference im also confused :(

Ravey_Cupra

Jan 16, 2010
Here, there and everywhere ;)
Snap, got the same error issue coming up when I try playing CD's.

Tried 2 different changers and both come up with the same error on the HU.

Just as a quick 1 the previous owner had an I-Pod connection wired in, could this be the cause of the issue?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I had this problem with my daughter's 51 reg Ibiza - but her fix was to buy an I-pod transmitter thing. I opened up the changer to retrieve the magazine and came to the conclusion that there was just too much friction is the mechanism was starting to move but not completing its movement. I could not see exactly what/where needed to be cleaned and re-greased and/or springs needing changing. I'd think that the design is marginal and its okay when new but starts to fail quite quickly - the car has gone but I still have the fault changer - just in case??!!

danks

i have bought a new one off ebay. mine doesnt seem to load it trys to but then just says error! ravey cupra u say u bought a new one and it still said error!

Ravey_Cupra

Jan 16, 2010
Here, there and everywhere ;)
i have bought a new one off ebay. mine doesnt seem to load it trys to but then just says error! ravey cupra u say u bought a new one and it still said error!

Both secondhand but in working condition, both come up with the error showing on the HU.

Ive taken them both to pieces and checked the mechanisms, all seems to work fine, both draw CD's from the magazine but then wont spin them up or play them :(

Thinking of going down the I-Pod route or installing a seperate HU in the glovebox.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members