Center console/headunit

antnee

Just had a thought.

For anyone that has ever taken out the headunit, is the wiring for the AC on a plug?

Would it be likely to have the same wiring as a mk1 leon with AC for example? As the unit in the leon is single din size, which would then leave room to put an aftermarket stereo in and sort all the audio problems us mk3 owners have!

Thoughts?

danielc16

cupra R dan
May 13, 2008
guildford
Just had a thought.

For anyone that has ever taken out the headunit, is the wiring for the AC on a plug?

Would it be likely to have the same wiring as a mk1 leon with AC for example? As the unit in the leon is single din size, which would then leave room to put an aftermarket stereo in and sort all the audio problems us mk3 owners have!

Thoughts?

the ac is connects though the head unit, take a look at the pdf file that shows you about the wiring involed puting a leon ac would be a lot of work, but would look amazing tho

antnee

After being in my car today, I reakon that you may be able to put the leon AC unit in and a double din stereo (or a single din with storage!!!)

adp

Jul 10, 2008
Swansea
This sounds veryyyy interesting if it works! Ive had enough of the crap stereo and really miss my alpine setup in my lupo!

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
why dont you get hooch to do this for you!!!
Picture007-1.jpg

antnee

Cos you still have loads of buttons which will do nothing!

How about a mk4 beeza AC unit?

MrNailer

Oct 19, 2008
hey seatcoober how much did it cost and also what buttons dont work??? thanks nailer

danielc16

cupra R dan
May 13, 2008
guildford
why dont you get hooch to do this for you!!!
Picture007-1.jpg

im doing this now well doing it slowly you got to run new cables in and cut into the dash. and i taken all the buttons out and fiber glassed the holes (where buttons used to be) and then spray it after..

will have pics later today when i get a chance

antnee

Well with my way you would loose the time and date all together, as well as the trip computer. Although if you built a car PC instead of just a head unit, some clever person may be able to incorperate it :D

Any car electricans here that would like to do this work for free for me :) You would become a God among mk3 owners!

danielc16

cupra R dan
May 13, 2008
guildford
yea cant change date but when i hook it up it will be 0:00 so i jus pull the power at midnight and the date i have covered up so less of the screen using plasic and firber glass and yea trip computer still works fine i tested it all fine

MrNailer

Oct 19, 2008
but how much did it cost to get this mod done by hooch and also what buttons do u lose thanks again nailer

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
hooch did mine a while ago think i paid him 100 quid all buttons work on facia and he relocates a button for you so you can program time and date well worth the money if you ask me as the alpine sound is so much better the std!!!

MrNailer

Oct 19, 2008
brilliant how do i contact him about mine? and did u ake car to him or? thanks again coober

SEATCOOBER

LOVE MY IBEEZA!!!
Mar 11, 2007
LINCOLN/NORWICH
he may be busy with his project but you can do either drive your car to him or as i did sent my facia off and aircon/stereo unit and new head unit to him then think it took him a week do do well worth the money just pm him very helpfull chap!!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.