Central locking not working

vanya

Feb 23, 2019
Just bought my Cupra, mechanically sound but a few things do need fixing.

When the car is locked from the key the only thing that seems to lock is the boot. When the car is locked from the driver's door, only that door and the driver side rear door are locked. However, the rear door then has to be opened from the inside.

The other two passenger side doors do not lock at all. I highly doubt all of the lock mechanisms would of broken - has been suggested that it could be a faulty solenoid on the driver's door? Hoping I can get it plugged into vcds this weekend but failing that, anyone got any ideas?

Also the window regulator/motor for both the driver and passenger side currently are being replaced - doubt this would have any effect on locking?

Thanks

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi, the locks take power from the window motors. If you mean that the motors in those doors are removed or unplugged atm, then that will be the issue.

If when the motors have been reconnected you still have a problem, then replace drivers door lock module. Some cars have different wiring in the motors, if replacing them then make sure the part numbers match/or check the wiring in the plugs is the same......They all have the same connetors, but some pins aren't wired in some models

Reactions: vanya

vanya

Feb 23, 2019
Hi, the locks take power from the window motors. If you mean that the motors in those doors are removed or unplugged atm, then that will be the issue.

If when the motors have been reconnected you still have a problem, then replace drivers door lock module. Some cars have different wiring in the motors, if replacing them then make sure the part numbers match/or check the wiring in the plugs is the same......They all have the same connetors, but some pins aren't wired in some models

Okay, that makes sense - thanks. I plugged in the driver's door window motor (not currently connected to regulator) earlier and the problem still persisted. Do all of them have to be plugged in (waiting for passenger side front to arrive) for the circuit to be complete?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
I'm not 100% sure, but it's highly likely. I think if the motor was plugged in but broken then it would be fine, but with it unplugged it will break the circuit like you said.
If you have access to VCDS on the weekend then it will be easy enough to trace the issue if there is one. If you go in to the "central convience" module on there, you can see the sensors in all the locks and windows turning on and off as you open and close the doors and windows.

Reactions: vanya

vanya

Feb 23, 2019
I'm not 100% sure, but it's highly likely. I think if the motor was plugged in but broken then it would be fine, but with it unplugged it will break the circuit like you said.
If you have access to VCDS on the weekend then it will be easy enough to trace the issue if there is one. If you go in to the "central convience" module on there, you can see the sensors in all the locks and windows turning on and off as you open and close the doors and windows.

Okay thank you, will see what I can do this weekend then and wait on the motor to arrive in the mean time.