Cheapest and Easiest option to get big power? Turbo Conversions?

ConradJellyfish

Dec 27, 2008
Going to try and get some more power out of my ibiza 2001 cupra. Its Already running a full stainless system, bypass valve and filter.

But Im really interested in changing turbo, and converting to something with more power?

But What parts will i need, how much wil they cost and where can i get them all form?

Cheers Guys :)

KO3s, realistically is about 230-240bhp.

Hybrid you could see 270-290 from what I have read on here. Not really much more money.

You need:

KO3s hybrid turbo £600
S3 or LCR TIP about £150 ish
S3 injectors and 3" MAF
VR6 clutch setup £60 plus fitting
Decent brakes. Could go for a setup Badger5 sells on here, about £300 but some people say these cant handle hybrid power. After that there's Brembos which are alot of mular.
Decent filter

So at least 2k maybe more. And that's just off the top of my head.

But you need some of the above for KO3s setup anyway.

ConradJellyfish

Dec 27, 2008

Hybrid you could see 270-290 from what I have read on here. Not really much more money.

You need:

KO3s hybrid turbo £600
S3 injectors and 3" MAF
Decent brakes. Could go for a setup Badger5 sells on here, about £300 but some people say these cant handle hybrid power. After that there's Brembos which are alot of mular.
Decent filter

cheers thats exactly the type of info i was after, moneys not the biggest problem.

spot on, ill start buying the bits

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
was thinking the same about your comment tbh mate

The search isnt a hard function to use is it? Not like this topic hasnt been coverd to many times already.

I`ve never been a member on here thats told people to search but just recently its just ridiculous the amount of threads poping up from new members that have been coverd proberly days/weeks before, proberly only a couple of pages back in the main section.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
goin to have to stick uo for benny here (as hes my princess) but this crap is talked about over and over and over again people are constently talking about the k0s and hybrid options,

a little research into your car would of told you what you need to know, you then would of realized its no a cheap thing to do as well, for a good setup your looking at spending nearly the same amount you bought it for i bet unless your good with spanners.

badger 5 is now doin the hybrid o3s kit have a look on wis page for prices.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants

You need:

KO3s hybrid turbo £600
S3 injectors and 3" MAF
Decent filter

vr6 setup £60 quid! and the rest.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
People want to be spoon fed anwsers instead of taking a little but of time and effort to search topics that have been covered numerous times before.

BUT (and im not sticking up for newbies) we dont want to turn into an unfriendly forum where people get slated for asking questions.... but alot ot the newbs do bring it on themselves!

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
goin to have to stick uo for benny here (as hes my princess) but this crap is talked about over and over and over again people are constently talking about the k0s and hybrid options,

a little research into your car would of told you what you need to know, you then would of realized its no a cheap thing to do as well, for a good setup your looking at spending nearly the same amount you bought it for i bet unless your good with spanners.

badger 5 is now doin the hybrid o3s kit have a look on wis page for prices.

Mwah x.

search button is 4 boring people

Great comment! :D

I really dont get it, people generally want an answer to there question and as quickly as possible, if you use the search you could have your answer in a matter of minutes and generally alot more than one answer.

I`ve been there and done it and not used the search and been slated for it, its alot easier and quicker just to use it.

BUT (and im not sticking up for newbies) we dont want to turn into an unfriendly forum where people get slated for asking questions.... but alot ot the newbs do bring it on themselves!

Totally agree with this. Ill quite gladly spread what i know as some of you know that tx me ;) but somtimes a search can go along away.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.