chipping 2.0tfsi leon

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
I know what you mean about the hike from 185 to 255 bhp, I think a more insurance friendly halfway house would be a more appealing option.

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
I have a 2.0 TDI New Leon and am interested in a power upgrade.

What could I expect to get and how much will it cost me?

shaun@amdessex

Apr 23, 2004
s22jcd said:
I have a 2.0 TDI New Leon and am interested in a power upgrade.

What could I expect to get and how much will it cost me?

Hi

The 140bhp engine increases to 190bhp on the 2.0TDi. The cost is £499+vat and we have our Sale Weekend on this weekend which offers 10% discount.

Cheers Shaun.

PDaddy

Aug 22, 2004
Does it really matter to an insurance co if you either go for (a) 255 or (b) 232, and if they do offer cheaper for less how can they tell, why not just tell them its a 10bhp upgrade from ebay.

I really like the sleeper look of the TFSI sport version, I preferred the non-aggressive cupra MK1, so im seriously considering getting one. remortgage!!!

TFSI 2006

In few days I'll do remapping to 240 BHP. Two german tuners (B&B and Abt) going for 240 only by remapping, so that's the number to go for.

I'll post first impressions. Brakes will cope with that power, but I'm not quite sure about front suspension. I think TCS/ASR will blinking first 100 feet :) :)

TFSI 2006

Today I remapped my tfsi to 240 PS.

Holy Mother!

That's it!

:-o

feels like racing car...massive torque from 2000 to 6000! awesome!

TFSI 2006

you just have to used to that wheelspin in 1,2 and 3rd gear. Allways aware in corners, with full attention. we are talking about 340 Nm....

feels much faster in 3rd and 4th gear, with sportscar-like kick in the back while accelerating....

djorkaeff

i'm going to do a remap to my tfsi next week and i can't wait... all these people saying stuff like "holly mother" after remaping.... aaaaaaaaa :D i need it NOW :D
i'm also changing my front bumper to the FR one coz i really like it :) (on insurance... don't tell anybody :p )

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
I am in agreement about not telling the insurance about a remap...If its in an accident..How would they know. Its not as if they check the ecu to see if it contains the same information. And im sure a revo SPS will be availavble shortly so you could set it back to standard.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Jay GT said:
I am in agreement about not telling the insurance about a remap...If its in an accident..How would they know. Its not as if they check the ecu to see if it contains the same information. And im sure a revo SPS will be availavble shortly so you could set it back to standard.

The Revo 'select'/'select plus' switch is already available :)

djorkaeff

i have an important question... can someone give me an answer. i have the oportunity tu buy a sportec K04.300 turbo to replace the K03 in the tfsi... but i also want to do the chiptuning next week, before i have the K04. the question is... after i install the K04, do i have to remap the ecu again? even if i remapped it to say.. 240ps? several tuning kits including the K04 and ecu go to 270ps, and only with ecu to 240... are the two ecu remappings different?:confused:
i want to know this because if i have to remap it again after installing the K04, even i i already remapped it to 240ps before the k04.... i don't want to pay for the remapping twice.. i'll just wait until i install the K04.. and then do the remap.:shrug: :cry: :think:

Last edited by a moderator:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Yes i would imagine you have to remap it after the new turbo to get the most out of it, ie; boost settings will need to be chaged.

Do you have any details on the sportec turbo or k04 tuning kits?

djorkaeff

not much... there are no kits for the tfsi with the k04... just the k04.300 turbo because it fits perfectly in the place of the k03... don't know boost presure... the standard for the K03 was 0.9 bar and after remapping about 1.1 bar so the k04 a little higher than 1.1... suppose about 1.3-1.4bar... with modified pistons, exhaust and ecu, there's a evo-R kit with 350ps which uses the k04.300... so it has some potential.. :D but at 350ps and front wheel drive.... :)) chaos!!

djorkaeff

ya i know all that... but now i'm having an even bigger problem :))
i don't know where in germany i can find a k04.300.... and aprox how much it will cost... it should be arount 800$ i guess
i just sent a mail to sportec asking them just that... where in germany i can find a k04.300, and how much.... if it's too much or i can't find one... i'll just stick with the 240ps ecu from upsolute

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.