chipping 2.0tfsi leon

cejsmith

Mar 19, 2004
Milton keynes
I've just been out in both the 2.0tfsi and 2.0 tdi, both of which where very good. I was wondering though if any one has chipped the petrol yet? I know the tdi has lots of people doing it.

Also does any one know if there are any mechiacal difference between the engine and the one in the golf gti and Skoda VRS.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Revo can do the TFSI, theyt've had it up to 260bhp and 300lbft.

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
the current warm leon uses a detuned version of the golf/octavia 20.T Rumours are the FR will have the same 197bhp version and the cupraq will be around 240bhp.

Pasta Chef

Rampage said:
Revo can do the TFSI, theyt've had it up to 260bhp and 300lbft.

I pick mine up next week. If I get mine re mapped,will it affect my warranty,insurance etc?:confused:

PDaddy

Aug 22, 2004
Thats cool, so theres no difference between the engines at a component level, its just detuned at the ECU, excellent... :cartman:

255bhp on the new TFSI leon massive jump, anyone had it done, wonder what the before and after effect is like.:think: :drive1: :ill:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
PDaddy said:
255bhp on the new TFSI leon massive jump, anyone had it done, wonder what the before and after effect is like.:think: :drive1: :ill:

Forge can do it too, I drove their MkV Golf GTi Demo car (essentially the same unit) and it was lovely and smooth.

Quite a bit of power just very different delivery to what I was used to at that time (I was used to the LCR which gives big lumps of power when remapped not a nice smooth band).

Forge have done a huge amount of testing on the Golf V Gti (they have had one for the past year testing parts on it) plenty of which will be similar to the TFSI, I know they did Intercoolers, intakes, they even looked at exhausts systems IIRC :think: so they have plenty of knowledge to draw on....think they are just about the only people who currently do a DV for that application (including at atmospheric version at about £45)

Last edited:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Pasta Chef said:
I pick mine up next week. If I get mine re mapped,will it affect my warranty,insurance etc?:confused:

You should tell you insurers IMO but that's your business.

Warranty is only affected on the bits that SEAT prove were affected by the remap, the onus is on them....personally I would agree that a reflashed ECU probably would be excluded from the warranty but nothing else. This is IF the dealer can even detect you have had a remap.....not sure anybody incl Revo have a switchable map for the TFSi....don't think the Revo SPS switch works on that engine - you'd need to check that though...

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
cejsmith said:
I was wondering though if any one has chipped the petrol yet? I know the tdi has lots of people doing it.

Upsolute quoted me £295 inclusive to 'upgrade' my tfsi on my own driveway. Time to do the job is two hours.

A Revo agent told me: "We offer a Revo Technik upgrade for your vehicle, the software is £499+VAT. The software is completely undetectable to a dealer as it is, Revo have told me that the new SPS units for the new 2.0 engine should be available from week commencing the 17th April though!".

Upsolute quote 240 BHP, Revo quote 255 BHP.

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
At Autosport this year Revo told me that the units were already available.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Rampage said:
At Autosport this year Revo told me that the units were already available.

Software is available, he said the SPS switch is available later this month.

Having had a few cars remapped, don't look at headline figures or costs look at the whole package and what you need.

Customer Service
Switchable Maps
R&D of the developer
Personal recommendations
Perhaps how the power is delivered and amount of Torque etc

lots to consider IMO

cejsmith

Mar 19, 2004
Milton keynes
Sounds great but I'm not sure I quite want 255bhp!!! I don't think the handling and brakes would be upto it. Has any one here actually had it done yet?

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
ForgeMotorsport said:
Please give us a call and we will look after you

What package do you offer for a Leon TFSI? Most importantly can any improvement be temporarily switched off to stop the dealer getting curious as to where the extra performance has come from?

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
ForgeMotorsport said:
whats your e mail or can we pm you

I tried to PM you and I get an "you don't have enough permissions" message. Feel free to try to PM me. I've no idea if that'll work tho':(

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
ForgeMotorsport said:
We tried that but it said you dont receive PM's:confused:
can you e mail your e mail addy to [email protected] and we will get Richard our development manager to respond with all details

For the record Forge suggested they could do 235 BHP for a price between Upsolute/Revo. I'm awaiting a reply to my email regarding a method to 'disable/revert' the mod when taking in for service. I presume Forge would rather other interested parties contact them direct to get an individual quote.

I'll report back after I decide on who to go to and what the experience was like if anyone's interested.

shaun@amdessex

Apr 23, 2004
cejsmith said:
Sounds great but I'm not sure I quite want 255bhp!!! I don't think the handling and brakes would be upto it. Has any one here actually had it done yet?

Hi

The chassis and brakes are well up to 260bhp. I haven't found any torque steer with any of the 2.0T that we have done. Mainly Golfs so far but a couple of SEAT's and Audis. VAG are producing great engines at the mo, the 2.0TDi is a useful tool as well.

With REVO you can also set the map at a lower boost setting if too much power is a concern? Then at least you can increase the boost back up when you want MORE! Bit like Oliver Twist!?:D

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
bigboystoys said:
Hi

The chassis and brakes are well up to 260bhp. I haven't found any torque steer with any of the 2.0T that we have done. Mainly Golfs so far but a couple of SEAT's and Audis. VAG are producing great engines at the mo, the 2.0TDi is a useful tool as well.

With REVO you can also set the map at a lower boost setting if too much power is a concern? Then at least you can increase the boost back up when you want MORE! Bit like Oliver Twist!?:D

Revo Select / select plus has been announced as available from May 1st.

http://www.revotechnik.com/aboutRevo/news/fsi20select.aspx

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.