Chipping me Leon 1.6S....and power boost valve

snakebite15

Graham from Cornwall
Jan 1, 2006
Cornwall
well...my car now has a magnex rear box, K&N induction kit, getting lowered on Monday on Koni 35-40mm springs. Now im thinking about getting it chipped...what i want to know is do you think there is any point in doing this to a 1.6s?? A mate today says my car sound pretty nice but maybe missing somethin...he said get it chipped! Will it make it sound any different is what i really want to know?? And is there any extra power?? ALSO - POWER BOOST VALVE...will what that give me, and will it sound different?? cheers

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
getting a 1.6 remapped wil do very little indeed, even if you can get a remap for them. As for a power boost valve, whats that? obviously not being turbo charged its not a dump valve??? Is your mate getting confused with a turbo charged car?

snakebite15

Graham from Cornwall
Jan 1, 2006
Cornwall
A power boost valve......made by FSE - When you think of running boost you usually think turbo, but not with The FSE Power Boost Valve.
A standard fuel pressure control valve regulates the high pressure from the fuel pump before it gets into the fuel rail and injectors. Typically, the standard regulator is not adjustable and is pre-set to a 3 bar maximum pressure.

http://www.potn.co.uk/fueling_c618_619.htm

And yes, iv found a chip for the Seat Leon 1.6

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Have you got money for fun Snakebite? ;)

You seem determined to spend as much money as possible on stuff that will make little or no difference :think:

Good work fella :funk:

paradigm

I hate the orange game!
Those "power valves" are tripe. It tricks the engine into believing that the air is colder (and hence denser so more per sq foot), thus upping the fueling.

Best case scenario, you gain maybe 1hp, at the cost of increased fuel consumption, but more likely is that you will just run the car far too rich.

Don't waste money on a 1.6, save your money towards insurance on a car with a decent engine to begin with!

snakebite15

Graham from Cornwall
Jan 1, 2006
Cornwall
OK cheers people...im actually just finishin my car off with the lowering springs and about to sell it to get a 106 Rallye S2 so thats gonna be a betta project!

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
If you're about to sell it, I'd leave it alone. You'll spend money on springs and possibly labour getting them fitted (assuming you won't do it yourself), but you won't get the money back. Take all the bling bits off and your car will appeal to loads more people - sell the bits seperately and I would expect you to get a lot more money back. Mods more often than not put people off because one person's idea of good might not be someone elses. Just my humble opinion of course.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Yea it is a step down, save your money and buy something more power, get 1.8T for good money nowadays.

snakebite15

Graham from Cornwall
Jan 1, 2006
Cornwall
ideal cheers peeps! was gonna try for a 1.8T but i got a problem....5 points/done for due care and attention/premium has gone up/0 no claims!! Having trouble just gettin the rallye at mo!! O well! cheers!

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
paradigm said:
Those "power valves" are tripe. It tricks the engine into believing that the air is colder (and hence denser so more per sq foot), thus upping the fueling.

You're think of the resister mod. All a power boost valve does is up the fuel pressure so more fuel gets injected. Works badly on an old car but a modern one will trim the fuel back because it will detect the mixture is too rich and you'll see no gain. Could throw up a warning light if the maximum trim is reached before it achieves the correct air/fuel ratio.

andycupra

status subject to change
dont waster your money.

the boost valve is nice that it can be adjusted. but the only time you would need this is on majorly modded motors and probably older technology also.

chip wise, it can make a difference, but not one you would really notice. turbo cars gain a fair bit. normally aspirated not so.

BEOWULF

I am BEOWULF !!!
Mar 18, 2006
I AM IN FRONT OF YOU
@snakebite15
like everyone says dont waste ya dosh to much on a motor what u are going to sell
u say u have 5 points/done for due care and attention.
which will effect ya insurance on a 1.8t
why dont u get a fiat punto gt turbo these are 1.4 turbo and vey quick
and quite low on the insrance.
i had 1 before my leon and i thought it was well nippy for a little 1.4 surpised a few cars i tell ya.

Tantrum

The new VAG 1.4 engine has a supercharger for low revs and a turbocharger for the highher revs, now that will cause some serious stink once the tech-heads start redisigning the ECU maps for that!

That will probably be available in Polos, Lupos, fabias, maybe even beezas! Look out for the GT logo as i reckon it is gonna be a serious giant killer. Imagine two chargers with intercoolers and decent zorst fitted with a hardcore file on the ECU in some of the lightest cars out there and you have some serious contenders!

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
BEOWULF said:
@snakebite15
like everyone says dont waste ya dosh to much on a motor what u are going to sell
u say u have 5 points/done for due care and attention.
which will effect ya insurance on a 1.8t
why dont u get a fiat punto gt turbo these are 1.4 turbo and vey quick
and quite low on the insrance.
i had 1 before my leon and i thought it was well nippy for a little 1.4 surpised a few cars i tell ya.

Hehe...punto turbo...They'l get you about 100 yards and then blow up...At least thats the usual trend. Avoid.

To be honest, with 5 points on your license, any fast car is a problem...Maybe Try for a 106 gti...with a re-map and an exhaust, very quick car...Quicker than alot of big cars.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.