Clock and trip keep resetting??

Matty589

Feb 22, 2014
Twice I have got I'm my LCR and the clock and trip have been reset anyone got any ideas what it could be causing it? It had a brand new battery about a month ago and there is no problem starting, so don't think it's anything to do with battery/ charging.
Any help would be appreciated

mike gibson

Sep 23, 2018
Twice I have got I'm my LCR and the clock and trip have been reset anyone got any ideas what it could be causing it? It had a brand new battery about a month ago and there is no problem starting, so don't think it's anything to do with battery/ charging.
Any help would be appreciated
my ibiza does the same thing , took it to dear ( after i had rest the clock ) they could not find anything wrong . but has happen again today sunday 23/9/18

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
No1 ever replies to these issues how annoying...
it is an old thread, probably not here now with a different car, that pic looks like an earth connection I've not got an LCR so i cant locate were that is, but on my pd under the battery I've cleaned up all the earth connections as the can cause issues

Mar 5, 2024
I've got a pd170 Leon FR 550 edition and I have flashing battery light, and clocks reset along with trip counter... I have a new battery, changed alternator voltage regulator and checked voltage of battery while running and when off.. voltage is fine yet I cannot fit this stupid issue..
My aftermarket radio does however remember the clock which has a constant 12v from internal fuse box next to steering wheel end of the dash..

I cannot get rid of this stupid flashing battery symbol 😞

What earth straps did you clean up? Can you list them for me if possible

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
I've got a pd170 Leon FR 550 edition and I have flashing battery light, and clocks reset along with trip counter... I have a new battery, changed alternator voltage regulator and checked voltage of battery while running and when off.. voltage is fine yet I cannot fit this stupid issue..
My aftermarket radio does however remember the clock which has a constant 12v from internal fuse box next to steering wheel end of the dash..

There was 3 under the battery tray I cleaned up it’s a common issue with the mk1,
Sounds like you’ll need an auto electrician

Reactions: mty12345

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol

The cluster itself can become faulty, especially the solder joints on the back of the connector. I had various lights flashing and even the speedo and the rev counter would intermittantly drop out. The fact that your clocks and trip counter are reseting, may well point to it being a cluster issue rather then the charging system.

Have you checked all the cables are tightly connected on the alternator

Last edited:
Reactions: Nam-uk
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.