Clonk from top of dash when selecting heater modes Seat leon FR 1.4 Eco 2017

Shrekker

Jun 4, 2021
Hi , I have a issue when i select a mode on my heater , Climate control i hear a clonk from the Flaps . all modes work centre , side windscreen . it happens on rec
The heat comes out fine in all modes . I have done a reset holding down the two buttons front vents and the other button. but this noise is driving me mad
I have also done full car scan , nothing came up .car has done 43K any Idea's The noise is coming from above the radio , does not happen when you turn off car

Thanks

Steve

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
That "grandfather clock" noise will just be one of the servos, ie flap motor including its positional feedback, hunting as the positional feedback track or its wiper is dirty. This is always what eventually happens with these flap motors on all VW Group cars from maybe 19?? onwards, ie since this system was first put into cars. The permanent fix is to replace that flap motor assembly, typically you can use VCDS to identify which one is causing this, though Carista etc should be able to read faults logged in the HVAC controller which will also conform which flap motor it is, I'd think that OBD 11 and proper professional scan tools will also identify which flap motor it is. If it is the temperature one, demanding Hi then Lo a few minutes later, and repeating that maybe 20 times, might get it working again for an 1 hour/day/week/month. You could try the same on the other ones as well, ie repeated demand a change, wait a minute, demand a change back, wait a minute etc etc for 20 "on<>off"s - doing that just maybe will clean the track and/or wiper up enough for it to work okay again - all that assumes that something has not moved to block the actual flap.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.