clonking noise when braking and turning right

Dan_Biza_Boi

189 bhp 312 touqe
Mar 29, 2008
gillingham kent

i had a new anti roll bar and left and right track rod ends and new wish bone bushes now when i brake and turn right i get a clonking noise that is lound
no one can say what it is with out looking but has anyone had the same or got any idea
thanks dan

Mar 8, 2007
Yes mine was fine for about 2 weeks then it started.

When turning right, I get a horrible clonking noise from the passenger side and on full lock a "grinding" noise.

No noise turning left at all.

Think it might be the CV joint.

I've replaced the droplinks, ARB bushes, front and rear wishbone bushes and it had new top mounts when the coils were fitted.

****ing annoying

Dan_Biza_Boi

189 bhp 312 touqe
Mar 29, 2008
gillingham kent
my dad done the other side for me about 3 months ago but he bought the bearings and done it that way so no prob about fitting it but now its got worse everytime i brake and go it makes a noise and its loud

TiGeR89

ive also been having a similar problem, however its intermitant usually turning right on full lock...sounds almost like driving on gravel? or wheel rubbing on arch noise..? *im not driving on gravel though btw* lol.

is there a batch of ibizas with these faults?? i.e recalls as my m8 had the whole front end collapse and seat said there were issues but wont tell customers untill they break down... can only qoute as i wasnt there.

Dan_Biza_Boi

189 bhp 312 touqe
Mar 29, 2008
gillingham kent
the thing is i had all that work done paid 150 pound so its going back to moro i will let you all no what my noise is i hope its not the cv joint but can not complain ats done 132000 miles and 2003 so i will prob get all the wear and tear bits going wrong

TiGeR89

blimy, well im only going on what ive heard from me m8 whos front end sorta just collapsed lol... hers has done about 45000 miles whereas mines a 57 and only done 12k so there must be a bad batch of parts or something.... have you phoned seat and asked if theres a fault on ur batch\?? im going to phone 2mz, il let u know. good luck with urz