Clunking door/side noise

Feb 23, 2023
Hi guys! with a bit of help from you and a previous post that I made I finally took the right decision and bought well maintained Cupra 300 from 2018 so thank you for that.

Everything is fine so far, I've just noticed a clunking noise coming from the drivers side like the door is not properly closed when driving over bumps and wavy roads and the car bends a little. This noise is coming pretty easily so I don't have to drive very fast to hear it - so even a slight bump or bulge will cause it.

It's not that important but it's a bit annoying and would like to know if somebody also had this issue before and how'd they solved it.

Thanks again!
All the best

oldglosracer

Oct 27, 2022
It's usually the back seats rattling on their catches, it's a common Golf, Octavia and Leon problem.
Drop the back seats and go for a drive to confirm.
The fix is to wrap the metal catches, the body coloured hoop part with electrical or duct tape.

Feb 23, 2023
It's usually the back seats rattling on their catches, it's a common Golf, Octavia and Leon problem.
Drop the back seats and go for a drive to confirm.
The fix is to wrap the metal catches, the body coloured hoop part with electrical or duct tape.
I will try this on my way home and let you know, thank you!

Feb 23, 2023
It's usually the back seats rattling on their catches
So while this partially fixed the issue - there is still some noise, maybe a bit more subtle, coming from the door or the B pillar/seat belt casing somewhere in that direction.

But nevertheless, the back seats were also having their contribution so i will tape the body colored hoop. Thank you!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
My wife's 2015 VW Polo 5 door does sometimes have noises coming from the driver's side, at least door pillar, if I grab the seat belt and then let it go it sometimes fixes that, at this moment in time it is not happening often enough to "drive me mad", so for now, I'll just live with it - the "chrom'd" trim rings on the dashboard, on the other hand, when the temperature drops, cause creaking noises, but I'm afraid that I'll mark the instrument panel "glass" if I mess about with them!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.