Clutch release bearing noise

chr1sd

Mar 16, 2014
Newcastle Upon Tyne
If the noise disappears when the clutch is pressed , it wont be the release bearing, as stated by the second garage, it will be gearbox related. More than likely will be an input shaft bearing, but could be any number of bearings within the box.

When you press the clutch, it stops the input shaft and clutch disc contacting the clutch cover and DMF, but obviously takes time to stop spinning completely, hence the sound of it slowing down. Could try a gearbox Oil change and see if it improves anything.

Thafussa

Jul 7, 2013
Willemstad, Curacao
If the noise disappears when the clutch is pressed , it wont be the release bearing, as stated by the second garage, it will be gearbox related. More than likely will be an input shaft bearing, but could be any number of bearings within the box.

When you press the clutch, it stops the input shaft and clutch disc contacting the clutch cover and DMF, but obviously takes time to stop spinning completely, hence the sound of it slowing down. Could try a gearbox Oil change and see if it improves anything.

Thanks for that update man.

I think its Oil related. Because I just got a new DMF and clutch both by LUK.
And it drove the first day really smooth, and the gears were shifting also very smooth.
The Gear oil was changed, but the mechanic used 80w-120 he said.

I think maybe the oil is too thick. Im not so familiar with oils.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise