Weird noise from clutch / light steering wheel 1.5 FR manual

Jan 27, 2021
Hello there

I would like to ask if anyone with a manual transmission has experienced any weird noises while pressing the clutch and changed gear ?

I can listen with the windows lowered , a clunk through the transmission every time i disengage the clutch . Sometimes i can listen the same noise from the road bumps.

I went to my local dealship and they said that this is a normal noise , but it's the first time i have this noise in a manual transmission.

Any ideas ? Is there anyone that has the same problem ?

Beside that , has anyone experienced that the steering wheel is becoming lighter after exceeding the 100 Km /h ?

Thank you and sorry for my English :)

Sep 22, 2021
Hi !

First, I'm from France, sorry for my English.

However, i got exactly the same sound on my car with the same engine and gearbox. So I think that this sound is pretty normal...

For the steering wheel, i don't really understand what you are talking about, I always find that the steering wheel is pretty lighter in every case.

Reactions: tsofras
Jan 27, 2021
Hi !

First, I'm from France, sorry for my English.

However, i got exactly the same sound on my car with the same engine and gearbox. So I think that this sound is pretty normal...

For the steering wheel, i don't really understand what you are talking about, I always find that the steering wheel is pretty lighter in every case.
Hey there

I went today at my local dealship again , they had said that this is a normal noise , a lot of owners here in Greece have the same issue. It is frustrating though

The problem with the steering wheel was a bug in the profiles and was solved with a reset in the ECU