Can't get TA to work

Mar 2, 2024
London
Hello!
Proud owner of a 1.4 hybrid Xcellence here. Bought a second hand 21 plate. Absolutely loving the car now that the glitches have been sorted (display and OUI updates). She's just a pleasure to be in :)

I wrongly assumed it would come with ACC as standard then realised it was an option for this trim but the original owner didn't choose it. However I was then very excited to read that it can be retrofitted by swapping the steering wheel.

Did my research, bought a second hand 5FA419091EL capacitive wheel from a moody breaker in Germany. This has the TA and ACC buttons, plus is heated and has the Xcellence logo. So I think it's the one fitted a standard to Xcellence Lux models.

Fitted it yesterday and used obdeleven to code.
I saw that someone was able to enable TA simply by changing these settings https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/obd-modifications.463977/page-3#post-4978383
but what happens is that I immediately get an error "TA is currently unavailable" on the dash when I turn the ignition on. If I press the TA button on the wheel the message pops up again. If I press the ACC button I get "ACC is not enabled" message. I don't see any extra menus in the Infotainment system either.

I then followed the excellent guide here https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/resources/retrofitting-travel-assist-seat-leon-kl.108/ but nothing changed.

I tried setting HC Variante to 1 to see what happens as I read that it's like 'TA lite' but without ACC. The TA error disappears but now the button doesn't do anything. The ACC button gives the same message but when I'm on a fast road it will hold me in the middle of the lane without giving me the "takeover steering" message so I think the capacitive sensor may be working. I did see that it's possible to check the sensor but can see how to do that. I did a scan and the only static errors I get are for modules

So I'm hoping the steering wheel is possibly ok and maybe it's just a setting I have wrong or some specific difference for this model? I double checked everything but I'm at a loss now really. TA is a nice feature but what I really want is ACC. I'm open to suggestions. I can share my long coding settings if someone can explain how to do that.

ACC can't just be enabled with a new steering wheel. It's SWaP (SoftWare as Product) meaning it's a protected feature. Activation codes are £1200 per 8 features. Even once unlocked, it requires coding and parameterisation in multiple control modules.

Travel assist itself isn't protected, but it requires PACC, Traffic Sign Recognition, a capacitive steering wheel & Navigation to function.

Please see the attached list of SWaP/FoD for MQBevo vehicles

Attachments

• MQBEVO SWaP.pdf
    114.1 KB · Views: 103
Mar 2, 2024
London
Ah right I see. TA normally includes ACC and I saw a few people made the conversion but I guess they already had ACC fitted as standard, they just wanted the lane keeping feature.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.