Cox Motor Parts Caliper Paint | Review Opportunities

COX Motor Parts

Genuine Seat, Cupra, Honda and VW parts
Forum Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Morecambe
www.coxmotorparts.co.uk
Hello everyone,
We have just very recently launched our own line of Aerosol Caliper Paints and we are looking for members to take the opportunity to review the products.

The way it will work is:
1) Place an order for the paint of your choice from the links below. 1 can will be enough for 4 calipers, so please only order 1.
2) Once arrived, use the paint, take photos, give you honest opinions on the product in a review (via trustpilot) - for which you will receive an invitation to do so after purchase.
3) Once the review has been posted we will refund the item as a thank you for taking the time to try and review the product!

NOTE: IT WOULD BE USEFUL FOR US IF YOU COULD SEND A NOTE ON YOUR ORDER, OR AN EMAIL POST-PURCHASE WITH YOUR ORDER NUMBER SO WE KNOW YOU ARE COMING FROM THIS FORUM.

We have a number of colours available and you can check out more information on the caliper paint in the listings.

Cox Motor Parts Custom Filled Aerosol Caliper Paint | 400ml - Ferrari Rosso RED - Cox Motor Parts
Cox Motor Parts Custom Filled Aerosol Caliper Paint | 400ml - Bold YELLOW - Cox Motor Parts
Cox Motor Parts Custom Filled Aerosol Caliper Paint | 400ml - Kawasaki GREEN - Cox Motor Parts
Cox Motor Parts Custom Filled Aerosol Caliper Paint | 400ml - Gloss BLACK - Cox Motor Parts
Cox Motor Parts Custom Filled Aerosol Caliper Paint | 400ml - Matt SILVER - Cox Motor Parts
Cox Motor Parts Custom Filled Aerosol Caliper Paint | 400ml - Matt BLACK - Cox Motor Parts

*This opportunity is only available to the first 10 members to sign up, after which we will no longer be offering a refund on the item if an order is placed.
We will update this post once the limit has been reached.*

Thanks for your time, guys and we look forward to hearing from you! :)

Cox Motor Parts

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Is 200c really ok as a max for calipers? I have used the temperature test strips on mine & often get up to 220c especially on the more twisty circuits. I’m looking to paint mine as anodised blue at the minute so currently on the hunt. Would be ideal for rears or road cars but don’t think I would chance this on the fronts for my use. Lots of caliper specific paints are rated at in excess of 400c & some caliper vinyls are even rated to 200c. Has it been tested at higher temps? What happens? Does it fail & flake I assume rather than combust?

COX Motor Parts

Genuine Seat, Cupra, Honda and VW parts
Forum Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Morecambe
www.coxmotorparts.co.uk
Hi for road use 200 degrees C should be absolutely fine. We have stated that the paint is not for track day / racing use.

Please see info below taken from EBC website

Useful information (For guidance only) – When running a set-up that utilises multi-piston calipers, it is recommended that the working temperatures are sub-200°C, in most cases the highest acceptable working temperatures for calipers is 220°C.

If your calipers are operated at temperatures higher than 220°C, you will run the risk of overheating the seals equipped in your calipers and you may start to experience issues with sealing etc.

*If your caliper temperature runs higher than 220°C, the dust seals and fluid seals should be replaced.

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
ah ok makes sense. Thanks for replying. Mine is 95% track use so I appreciate they run a lot hotter than standard use

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.