Cracking sound on the right door, near the speaker section after week 2

Apr 23, 2022
well, the title says it all. Into the 10th day of owning a Cupra Formentor 150hp/DSG/V2, a strange cracking sound started from the right door. It was coming from the bottom right corner of the door, near the speaker section, cracky sound always over a rough road. It's not there on super smooth road surfaces but each time there is a bump on the road, here it is. If the road remains rough, the sound actually becomes worse.

During the first week after the emerge of the sound, I tried holding the door's soft plastic section. It worked (but can't drive like being in a circus obviously). Now it doesn't matter if I put pressure or not; the sound is there. It has become increasingly annoying unfortunately. Will call the official dealership asap.

Anyone with similar issue? Does it mean they will have to open the door somehow? Does this mean that trying to solve a problem might cause additional ones? Don't know, slightly disappointed. Everything else about the car is great, looks, driving behavior, tech, software. Never had an issue.

Thanks guys.

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Had a similar issue, but the sound was coming from the bonnet hinge area. If you tapped the bonnet with your fist near the windscreen, you could recreate the noise.

Reactions: jim64

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
I had something similar in my previous Saab. In that case it was plastic to plastic rubbing that made sounds.

I took it apart and put some fabric tape in between the rubbing surfaces, that eliminated it.

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
If you are wanting to lube the rubbers you need to use gummi pflege. It's made for the job and it's usually what the dealers would use. I've had a bottle for at least 5 years and it's still going strong and works really well. Coincidentally I've only ever really needed it on my VAG cars, the beemers and the wife's mini never needed it.

Tormentor

May 3, 2021
I use this on the rubber seals
3C8A273F-274F-4400-B28A-5D507940D029.jpeg

Apr 23, 2022
great, i got a silicone oil spray as well. Will use it and let you know of the results. Fingers crossed.

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
I can recommend VAG special lubricant for rubber seals (G 052172 A1). Not the cheapest around but will last a long time and is very good. I use it once a year for all rubber seals including the panoroof rubber seals.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.