The time has come, unfortunately 😕

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
After 20 months, or so, of owning my 2021 plate Formentor V2 e-Hybrid 204 in the wonderful Desire Red, I've decided to move on.
I've already removed the private plate and will be part chopping it next week. Can't believe how much the value has dropped on these cars tbh, such a shame! Cost me a bloody fortune but there's no way I could own it outside of warranty so decided to cut my losses now before the prices drop further!

Until VAG sort out the glitches and odd design issues (we all know what they are) I really think Cupra will struggle.
I very nearly stayed loyal and went for a Born but in the end I've gone more old school but still a PHEV.

I'm not the most prolific poster on here by any means, but it's been an absolute pleasure to be part of this forum, you're a great crowd (y), and I'll probably dip in and out from time to time. I might have the odd Formentor part/accessory for sale and will post on here in due course.

I wish everyone all the best.

Dave

TheUkWizard

Jun 3, 2021
West midlands
Ditto, my lease ends on my red vz2 300 bhp. After 2.5 years. Not going to keep it out of warranty due to the bugs. Still switches between mph and kph for the cruise control, still has seat heating turning on issues. The SOS system alarm problem seems to have stopped though.

Ordered a Hyundai Tucson next as want more boot space. So I am also ducking out of here.

Great car apart from the electrical /firmware issues. Turbo lag at low revs.

Value of it has lost about £10k, which isn't bad for that long.

Bowing out... No more prodding In the dark to turn the heated seats on. Yay

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
After 20 months, or so, of owning my 2021 plate Formentor V2 e-Hybrid 204 in the wonderful Desire Red, I've decided to move on.
I've already removed the private plate and will be part chopping it next week. Can't believe how much the value has dropped on these cars tbh, such a shame! Cost me a bloody fortune but there's no way I could own it outside of warranty so decided to cut my losses now before the prices drop further!

Until VAG sort out the glitches and odd design issues (we all know what they are) I really think Cupra will struggle.
I very nearly stayed loyal and went for a Born but in the end I've gone more old school but still a PHEV.

I'm not the most prolific poster on here by any means, but it's been an absolute pleasure to be part of this forum, you're a great crowd (y), and I'll probably dip in and out from time to time. I might have the odd Formentor part/accessory for sale and will post on here in due course.

Dave

The first ten months were the worst, the next ten months were the worst too. After thet it went into a bit of a decline.

We'll miss you Dave.

Do pop back sometimes 👍

Reactions: oldgitdave

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
I would only be looking at Japanese manufacturers if I ever wanted a hybrid.

But the failures are entirely on VAG this generation. Out of the MQB-Evo vehicles I still think the Formentor VZ2 is the only winner. Financially everybody looses of course, just some vehicles lost it at the starting line with capacitive buttons, others will lose more in deprecation once new facelift models arrive with fixed infotainment.

The Formentor was always going to be my last Cupra and I don't mind the ride for the next few years.

P.S. Don't get a Born, get the new facelift Tesla.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Quite like the look of the new Tavascan, find the Born a bit small. But sadly it's going to be megabucks...

If anyone thinks Cupras are poor, wait until you get into a Tesla, usual American car touch & feel quality. Personally I think the Formentors been one of the better built cars I've ever had (but that's mainly Fords, Peugeots, Mitsubishis and Land Rovers), no creaks, ratlles, no return to dealer stuff apart from the odd ICE upgrade at service time.

The lack of backlit buttons is poor, as I've said before, a triumph of the accountants over the engineers. What really amuses me is that I hardly ever use it, the volume control on the steering wheel and one touch on the screen to get the seats or temperature controls are fine. If they had deleted the touch bar from the start rather then leave them unlit no-one would have complained with the alternatives available!

Reactions: George Palmier

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)

Dave
It's a shame CUPRA can not get their act together as I have not had a single problem in my Leon (18 months now) and would be happy to keep it longer. It seems Formentors were the worse affected, good luck with your next car Dave and hope to hear from you some time in the future.

Will

Reactions: oldgitdave

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
What are you getting as replacements guys?
Well, I've bought a Ford Kuga PHEV. Might sound boring but it's fully equipped plus it has the Black Pack so 20" alloys etc.
It's more of a 'head' buy rather than 'heart' like the Formentor was. I need a bit more boot space and the cill is slightly lower than the Formentor which is better for our nearly 11 year old Labradoodle.

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Before getting my VZ 310 I had my eyes on the Born and actually I ordered one before even driving it. I drove one and immediatly cancelled my order, It was an auful car to drive, bad braking, not responsive, gave me the idea that it didnt want to be driven. Had driven previously other hybrids and evs so I had a good idea of what I should be expecting but I was dissappointed. Anyhow I tested the Tuscon, Lexus UV, Sportage, RAV, Puma (although smaller than what I wanted) but at the end I went with the VZ, yes at a price, however been happy ever since and for almost 40 k km thus far. Yes I had sporadically some infotainment glitches, not anymore though, but thats that, nothing else. The car is planted when driving fast and comfy when not ,thanks to the standard DCC and 4wd. Plenty of space inside, although I could use a little more boot space, great sound(beats) tons of adjustments, the greatest of seats, doing hundreds of km without ever getting tired, everything works , and we are talking for a car loaded with electronics ( never had the chance to use the auto park yet) , doesnt rattle, feels solid all around, I even came to love the touch only controls, its so much nicer to the eye without all those knobs and switces around, what more could I ask at that price range considering also the outstanding performance? (well, apart from the low end turbo lag). Yes, its a keeper for me, I bought it with the intend to keep it for some time and so far it gives me the reason to do just that. People that buy on a lease plan think differently, actually thinking of their next car as soon as they drive off the lot with the new one, even more so when they face any reliability issues even minor ones.They are not attached to it, its more like an engagement that they can easily break than a marriage which is harder to break, so its a different story and I can fully understand that. Now, if I had any issues that couldnt be solved, or if the car wasnt what I was hoping for , surely I would have had second thoughts of keeping it but so far so good.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.