Woolacombe
found a better pic of the freshly refurbed wheels
24062008005.jpg

not bad handy work by myself

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
haha, you cant imagine how many people have asked me that now.. i can see why they charge a bomb to refurb wheels as its not easy at all. started doing the ronals today, these are alot harder then the mark 3 cupra alloys.

25062008006.jpg

oh and rich, the car is in the garage as of monday as ive eventually saved enough for the cost! lol

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
sweet nice one mate!they dont look to bad i rather you be doing all them spokes!i want to refurb mine but i havne got the gutts!

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
well ive progressed abit more with the refurbing of the ronals... havent taken too much care or time on these as they are going to be my winter rims this year and then going to get refurbed properly next year.

i couldnt decide what colour i wanted to go for either white-silver-gun metal- or a gold/ bronze.... i ws really swinging towards bronze but couldnt find a match i wanted....so i used the left over spray paint in the shed so the refurbing of these cost me nothing apart from my time.

28062008009.jpg

primed up which i actually nearly just wet and dried and laquered as i liked the colour! :whistle:

then i sprayed them white

28062008010.jpg

just got to be laquered once they have cured.... im not very impressed as they are not a patch on my others but saying that my others look like a professional job! :D (blowing my own trumpet) lol

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
like i said, they are not the best but they look alot better then they did. i probably would not of even contemplated doing these if i new they would of been so diffacult. all i can say is that seat choose a brilliant technique to finish the wheels. im sure just the coating on these wheels are tougher then cheap wolfrace type alloys! lol

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
bit more work done on it today after i finshed work, started to clean up inlet manifolds ready for spraying. i started on the upper and then lower unlet and then gave a couple coats of high temp black paint.

whilst that was all drying i started to clean up the throttle body and also give it a bit of metal polish to give a bit of a shine to it. very hard work so gave up quite soon! lol

i then took the rocker cover off and prepared it for its spraying..

next thing was back to the manifolds to polish back the raised seat detail on the top. looks quite nice in my opinion :)

02072008025.jpg

02072008026.jpg

02072008027.jpg

tommorow after work i shall be spraying the rocker cover black also. was first thinking black rocker cover and hi powered silver for inlet but changed my mind!

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Crezz once it is re-built and going again it will all be 110% worth it.

You will get in the car and go for abit of a spirited driver and when you get home you will have a massive smile on your face and realise keeping the ibiza was definetely the right thing to do.

Have to say the inlet looks very good. Love the silver Seat detail against the black.

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
thanks chaps, the block goes in tommorow to get stripped down fully... had too wait as they got a huge jag in there at the moment.

i think ive made the correct choice, ive been working my ass off to fund for it as i do love it, especially being rare topaz too, cant let another lay to rest! lol... just trying to source all the bits now which might aswell be changed. the whole lot is being done, brakes everything! lol

anyone know where the cheapest place to get discs and pads for the rear?

cheers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise