Cupra 1.8t. Cambelt or Timing Chain?

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
As per the title really. Wanting to know if the 1.8T Cupra uses a cambelt, which requires changing at 60k or if it uses a timing chain thats good for 120k.

My mates booked in for cambelt doing, but been told by a local SEAT dealership, that its on a timing chain, and deosnt require changing until 120k.

Could do with a quick reply please.

Thanks,

Tom.

stevo_d

seat apprentice cambridge
Feb 19, 2009
a 1.8t is belt not a chain and now SEAT recomend belts to be replaced at 40k but im more intrested which dearler told u the 1.8t is a chain

Torquemonster

Nov 20, 2007
:( True.That dealer is wrong.
The only engines chain driven are: 1.2 3 cyl petrol,the 1.6 fsi and the Alhambra V6.
All others have a belt.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Cheers for the quick replies lads.

Thought that was the case, as the parts linked to his reg plate were a belt and pulleys.

Not sure on the dealer. My mate has rang them up, but hasnt mentioned which dealer it is.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Will do my best bud. Guessing you work for a SEAT dealer then?

Going to direct him towards this thread, as he's steering away from having it done now.

It may be Stoneacre in Doncaster but im not 100% on that. Just know that its our nearest dealer.

stevo_d

seat apprentice cambridge
Feb 19, 2009
Will do my best bud. Guessing you work for a SEAT dealer then?

Going to direct him towards this thread, as he's steering away from having it done now.

It may be Stoneacre in Doncaster but im not 100% on that. Just know that its our nearest dealer.

yea i mean i work for marshall seat in cambridge so not as if it was us but still intrested lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.